After Body Blast-CTX Express or Intensity Series?

feelalive

Hi,

I'm doing the 12 week beginner rotation....not new to exercise (was a Boot Camp and Power Pump gym class junkie, until I sprained my ankle). So my ankle is almost back to normal (not really sure if it'll ever be 100%...) and I'm having to build my cardio back up. I'm new to Cathe AND Stepping. I'm having to use heavier weights with the beginner rotation, and I've come a long way in terms of the step choreography :D When I'm done, I have the Body Blast Series. I thought about spending 4 weeks on the TimeSaver DVD and then doing Cathe's 4 week Body Blast Rotation.

Anyways, after that I'm trying to decide if I should do a rotation with the Intensity Series or the CTX Express (thinking ahead since on sale:D). Would you rate one more advanced than the other in terms of cardio. How does the cardio intensity of each compare to the Body Blast Series? Just wondering what the better flow into Cathe workouts would be for me.

It looks like there really isn't any back work on the CTX Express, but I guess I could do something from the Body Blast Series.....

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!! Cathe seems awesome so far...years ago I did the Firm, and for the past two years have been doing 5:30am gym classes, but I don't have the $$ currently and my schedule has changed so I don't have time to spare driving to the gym now. I'm so excited about these DVDs!!

Welcome to Cathe Land! :)

I can't answer your questions unfortunately ~ I don't have CTX Express. But I'll bump up your thread in the event someone else can help.

Hope your ankle continues to heal!

The intensity series is on sale this week, if that sways your decision.
It is the Discount bundle of the week (code DB-30) and 30% off. Its all 4 dvds and the offer expires on September 13th.

i have the intensity series and like it very much. imax2 is pure step, straight forward choreography, it consists of a number of basic step routines followed by intensity blasts. cardio and weights is a full body circuit routine of 4 or 5 segments of step followed by a weight training segment. pyramid upper/lower are weight training dvds that follow the pyramid method of wt (each exercise has five sets and moves quickly, you increase your weights for 3 sets and then work back down the following 2 sets). muscle endurance is a full body endurance workout that also moves quickly and is structured using lower body exercises followed by upper body exercises and a great ab routine at the end (killer workout - you will sweat like crazy). bootcamp has circuits of cardio followed by a weight training segment, then an abs segment. i can highly recommend this series.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.