Which aerobics videos?

KathyJF

Hello everyone,
I love Cathe's videos of course, but I've done the weight-training ones almost exclusively. For aerobics I prefer to run. With snowy & icy weather on the way, though, I'd like to try some of Cathe's aerobics videos. One problem--I live in an apt and can't make too much noise, so a great deal of jumping cd be a problem. No one has ever complained about the power circuit segment of Body Max. Could someone suggest some others? How about Rhythmic Step? How complicated is it in terms of choreography? Thanks very much.
Kathy

I was an apartment dweller for years. Not to discourage you, but I feel that most of Cathe's tapes have potential to rock the ceiling of your neighbor, just b/c Cathe's cardio tapes are intense! That being said, I simply had to do my cardio workouts in the morning or if I was lucky enough to get home early enough, I'd do them before my neighbors got home.

Stacy

I was an apartment dweller for years. Not to discourage you, but I feel that most of Cathe's tapes have potential to rock the ceiling of your neighbor, just b/c Cathe's cardio tapes are intense! That being said, I simply had to do my cardio workouts in the morning or if I was lucky enough to get home early enough, I'd do them before my neighbors got home.

Stacy

Rhythmic Step is a fabulous workout once you get all the steps mastered, which for a klutz like me took longer than any other step tape on the market. But I love it and if I concentrate I can pretty much do the workout without ending up on the wrong foot on the wrong side of the step.

My personal favorite is Step Works. Just love it. I also like Step Jam. Ah, what the heck, I pretty much love any of Cathe's step tapes. You can't go wrong with any of them.

As far as the noise level is concerned, have you considered buying a carpet remnant big enough to put under your step with enough around it to cover your moves? That may muffle a lot of sound so your neighbors are not disturbed. A berber (or other low pile) rug might be best. If you go to any of the carpet stores in your area, most have lots of remnants left over from other jobs that they will let go pretty cheap. If you are not concerned with getting a particular color you can probably make the best deal.

Good luck.

Dear Marlene and Stacy,

Thanks so much for your advice. I do have a fairly good quality rug & pad so I think I'll get Rhythmic Step & try it in the morning. If it bothers the neighbors maybe they won't complain till the snow & ice are gone & I can run again. Hope you had good holidays.

Kathy

You could tell the neighbors that you are going to do it, and then ask them when it would bother them least. Maybe they sleep late, so they'd rather you did it in the evening. I think it can't hurt to ask.

I lived in a basement apartment and the landlady upstairs did step aerobics. It wasn't that bad, if i remember correctly. If you don't do it too super early, it shouldn't be a problem. It's not very noisy at all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.