4 Day Split Series

nancy324

Cathlete
I was reading the description of the workout, but I couldn't tell the following: is it easy to do just the weight training in a 4-day split, or is the weight training all mixed in with the cardio so that splitting it would be difficult? I see that there are "upper body" and "lower body" premixes, but using them would result in a 2-day split, and I'm looking for a 4-day split designed by Cathe (as opposed to a cut-and-paste job). Thanks!

It's very easy to do just weights. Each weight segment is about 30 minutes long.
I lovelovelove this series!

And there are TONS of premixes. Ive been using this series for a little over two months now and absolutely LOVE the weight sections. I use it as a three day split with cardio coach. Since starting ive noticed alot of changes in my upper and lower body! Im finally toning up:D

Nancy, I just love 4ds!! And yes you can easily just do the wts only portion to make it into 4 days of weight training.

Pre Mixes

Hi -
4DS was the second DVD I bought and I love it. The pre-mixes are awesome, and you really can pick and choose what you want to do. I would defiitely recommed this DVD!

4DS is great. You can easily do just weights. There are multiple premixes to choose from as well. Cathe did a great job designing 4DS. I keep saying that I want to do the 4DS weights with 20 to 30 min. of really intense cardio to but I have yet to do that.

Nancy: Not to further enable you, but YOU NEED these workouts! 4DS has some of my favorite weight work and is absolutely easy to do separate from the cardio. The premixes are awesome. Plus, the cardio is really fun- BC is the fastest half hour cardio workout I own. HTH!

Nancy: Not to further enable you, but YOU NEED these workouts! 4DS has some of my favorite weight work and is absolutely easy to do separate from the cardio. The premixes are awesome. Plus, the cardio is really fun- BC is the fastest half hour cardio workout I own. HTH!

I second that! I love 4DS, it's very versatile and has some great premixes. I've only been using the cardio portions while doing STS and they are all favorites and I love that they are only 30 minutes. Definitely add it to your collection.

4DS is wonderful. I love 4DS for its' versatility. I sometimes do the cardio alone, the weight work alone or one of the circuits. It has great pre-mixes. The individual workouts are only 30 minutes or you can do one of the longer premixes.

4Day Split is also one of my favorites, . . but I should warn you that some people found the step routines to dancy. I didn't and I love, love, love the kickboxing and bootcamp segment but just to give you a heads up.

yep, and i find that they are doable, becuz they are not NINETY MINUTES!!! i can only do 90m rarely. but these are great workouts in a short time.
cathy

yep, and i find that they are doable, becuz they are not NINETY MINUTES!!! i can only do 90m rarely. but these are great workouts in a short time.
cathy

Ugh, . .Cathy I totally agree. Although I can 90 minutes is just takes up to much of my day. 30 minutes here and there is so doable and in true Cathe style challenging too.

Maybe my original question was unclear, because I didn't get many fully responsive answers. But thank you very much to those who did address my question. Sounds really good!

Hi, Nancy, 4DS has 4 work outs. Each one is 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weights. It would be very easy to do the weight segments alone. For a 4 day split, just do the 30 minutes of weights from each work out. It will be split like this:

1. Legs
2. Chest and Back
3. Shoulders and Calves
4. Biceps and Triceps

Obviously, you can do them in any order you prefer. Or if you want a 3 day split, you could add the calf work to the leg day and the shoulder work to either of the other two days. I've been meaning to do it like that, but I haven't had a chance yet. I'll probably try it next month.

I love 4DS and I think it would make a good addition to your collection. I don't know if you like Cathe cardio, but I agree with the other posters that this is some of her best cardio choreography. I love dancey step, though, and that's what the step work outs in this series are.

Anyway, just get it! Ha! I hope that helps.

anne

Hi, Nancy, 4DS has 4 work outs. Each one is 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weights. It would be very easy to do the weight segments alone. For a 4 day split, just do the 30 minutes of weights from each work out. It will be split like this:

1. Legs
2. Chest and Back
3. Shoulders and Calves
4. Biceps and Triceps

Obviously, you can do them in any order you prefer. Or if you want a 3 day split, you could add the calf work to the leg day and the shoulder work to either of the other two days. I've been meaning to do it like that, but I haven't had a chance yet. I'll probably try it next month.

I love 4DS and I think it would make a good addition to your collection. I don't know if you like Cathe cardio, but I agree with the other posters that this is some of her best cardio choreography. I love dancey step, though, and that's what the step work outs in this series are.

Anyway, just get it! Ha! I hope that helps.

anne

Anne, thank you so much! That's exactly what I wanted to know. :D

I don't do Cathe cardio at all, for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that the air conditioning in my apartment doesn't really reach the living room where I work out. I do all my cardio at the gym, where they keep it icy cold. Love it.

I wouldn't hesitate at all if it weren't for the price, but I'm having trouble justifying it to myself right now.

Last edited:
Hi, I've been eyeing this DVD also. I was wondering how high impact the cardio is. If it is high impact, is it easily modified (knee issues)? Thanks.

I would say two of the cardios are high impact (high intensity step and bootcamp). The other step work out (low intensity step) is low impact and the kickbox could be easily modified. I think the high intensity step is easily modified, but I don't know about the bootcamp one. Have you watched the clips? That might help you decide.

Nancy, I think it's worth the price. Even though you won't use the cardio, you get many different options with this series:

1. Use it as a 4 day split
2. Use it as a 3 day split
3. Use it as a 2 day split
4. Use it for one body part per day training

My only reservation about it is there are only 2 ab work outs here. But, they're really good! When I do the series as produced I usually add another day of ab work, which isn't hard to do.

That probably didn't help, did it! Ha!

anne

Nance, I just wanted to add my enthusiastic 2 thumbs up for the 4-DS. I LOVE this set and you know I NEVER do Cathe's cardio. I bought this specifically for the weights and it did not disappoint! The weights and cardio are not mixed together -- you do about 30 minutes of one and then 30 minutes of the other, and you can choose weights first or cardio first from the main menu. If you choose weights first you will still get the warm-up, too. I often do my own warm-ups though. And I love that you're done in 30 minutes and not repped to death. :p :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.