3 Full Body Workouts a Week

mlj83081

Cathlete
Hello everyone,

I've been using Cathe dvds for a a while now and recently had a baby....i have about 50 lbs to lose. Yikes! Actually writing that out is a little disturbing lol...Well I was thinking of starting out w/ 3 full body workouts a week i.e. ME, PH, and possibly Cardio and Weights. My main concern is becoming a flabby version of my former self, but at the same time I'm not sure if a more typical weight workout like Gym Style or pyramids would be to heavy to start w/ since i have quite a bit of weight to lose....any suggestions would be wonderful!!

Were you active during your pregnancy? If you have the ok from your doc, I'd do those workouts and also walk every day. I'd also try to build up to 6 days/week asap. Cardio and weights alternating, throw in some yoga/pilates stuff when you can.

yes...i did some walking...but to be honest that's about it, i would feel very ill if i did any more. I'm just concerned with building too much muscle under the fat if i start w/ pyramids or a classic gym style....

Lean muscle mass helps burn more calories though. I doubt you'll bulk up immediately and I imagine your weights are going to be a little bit lighter in the beginning. I'd go for the 3 day muscle workouts (maybe 2 heavier days and 1 circuit) and add in the cardio.

Hope that helps some (I'm certainly no expert)
Heather

yes...i did some walking...but to be honest that's about it, i would feel very ill if i did any more. I'm just concerned with building too much muscle under the fat if i start w/ pyramids or a classic gym style....

Why not try a beginner rotation that eases you back into working out. When I was trying to loose my baby weight I walked alot to get me out and the baby out too. I would not worry about the muscle under the fat making you look bigger. I would just worry about burning calories and weight training is key to that.
Good luck
Heather ( the other one)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.