Your suggestions...

AngelBrt

Cathlete
Hi Cathe! Welcome back! First of all, I want to say that I am relatively new to your videos, but was an instant addict, I eagerly await the Intensity Series on DVD. Four years ago I was overweight and out of shape, not too uncommon I suppose for a sophmore in college. Then I discovered exercise videos, at the time mainly I did the FIRM, and I lost 25 lbs in one year, and I have kept the weight off for the past 3. But, even with my accomplishments I still wanted to push my body the extra bit to be really toned and strong, but for three years I feel like I’ve seen no results. After just a few months of working out with your DVDs, I am starting to see changes in my body that I’ve been hoping for, and feel super motivated all over again. I can’t thank you enough for producing such challenging workouts, and so much variety that my body never feels bored! All that said, the main reason I’m posting is that I am interested in taking my fitness enthusiasm to a whole other level, instructing. I’ve seen what exercise can do for myself and others and I really want to share that with others. Currently I’m 23 and in graduate school for biomedical sciences, so I have a strong science background. I am studying to take my group instructor certification exam and then hopefully to be a certified personal trainer. My ultimate goal is to start a small gym of my own to really be able to help people who may be intimidated by the large gyms as I see them today (one of the reasons I just love videos!). The problem is that I just don’t know even how to begin working towards this goal. I know this is kind of vague and the answer may be too much for a forum posting, but I know that you were successful even in your early 20’s and I thought perhaps you could give me some advice on how to begin achieving my goals. I greatly admire your work and the impact you’ve had on fitness, so any information on how to move into the fitness world would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.