Are you ever recognized outside of town?

MAYNARDSMOM

Cathlete
My mind must have to much empty space :eek:. While out walking to day I thought I ownder if Cathe ever gets recognized when she's away from home? When you're away on vacation or business trips do people ever say "Hey, it's CATHE!!" :eek:

I know if I saw her, I would not hesitate to tell her what a great inspiration she is to me:)

Are you kidding me!?!? You mean actually talk to her? :eek: I would have to stop being giddy to do that? I had a hard time doing more than just gawking at the RT. Maybe next time it would be better? :rolleyes:

Tami,
I know what you mean. I think I said a total of 10 words to her during the RT. Yeah, I'm a great conversationalist!!! I'm sure I made quite the impression....NOT!
chrissy

Me too! It's so funny b/c I work in politics & meet congresspeople, senators, etc. all the time & don't get nervous at all. Yet every time I meet Cathe I get all tongue tied & stoooooopid.

I guess b/c I find nothing at all inspiration in my elected officials, but Cathe's my hero. :eek:

By her voice alone!

My 8-year-old daughter recognizes Cathe by her voice (on FitTV, for example), so I'm certain that Cathe's legion of fans would recognize her by her face.

And if there were any doubt, her one-of-a-kind body would settle the question!

Cathe is a daily reminder that we do have to get older but we don't have to look older!

Cathe is incredibly easy to talk to, no hint of celebrity at all, talking with her is like talking with your best friend, there's really no need to be shy around her, extremely down to earth.

Oh sure Jerry, Cathe asked me where I was from during the RT, and I couldn't remember....UMM.......Over there.....Brilliance at it's best. I've been in sales for 25+years and could chat with a wall, and probably get it to chat back but that all came to a screaming halt in Glassboro. Maybe next year I can come up with something witty...like asking Cathe where she's from....Umm...here, in NJ.

Last edited:
I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets tongue-tied when in the presence of Cathe!! I have been on 2 road trips, and maybe said 5 words total to her for both:eek:... Its funny how we have these jobs dealing with the public, and have no problem conversing with people all day long, but put Cathe in front of us, and, well, I for one,turn into a shy 3 yr. old!!! It really is rather silly!!!! What makes us like that???
~~Nancy J.~~

Anytime I'm near Cathe all I can seem to do is cry...:eek::confused:

If I saw her walking down the street somewhere I'd probably be more star-struck than if it was Russell Crowe.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.