Will bulking up occur with Intensity Series?

nyrice

Hi Cathe. I'm really enjoying the intensity series but I have a concern about bulking up (especially with LBP and muscle endurance). At about 30 lbs overweight and 28% body fat I certainly have a lot of fat to burn, thus my concern about gaining muscle quicker than I can realistically burn the fat. I have naturally large thighs. Hope that makes sense. Thanks for your time.

Hello,

I just want to say that bulking up is really really difficult because you are female. I have friends worried that they will turn into 'Arnie' if they lift weights and I keep reassuring them, but to no avail.

To bulk up, you have to be lifting very heavy and every day. You also need to increase your calorific intake by 500-1000 calories to add bulk. I don't do any of that at all. I just eat normally and lift as heavy as I can manage for Cathe's workouts. The difference with Cathe is that there is more endurance and strenght training (S&H and PS are the only series that I can think of that is more muscle training). Intensity series, PH, MIS CM and BM are more endurance.

Just relax and go for it.

Yen

You should not be afraid of bulking up. The reality is, if you feel you are adding more muscole than you want, you can always reduce your weights and focus on endurance.

By increasing your lean muscle mass, you will increase your metabolism. That should help you loose weight. Even if you do not loose weight, you will look thinner, because muscle takes less space than "fat."

I have larger thighs than I would like. No amount of dieting will ever solve the problem. My goal is to have the best shaped thighs that my body type will allow....besides, my DH thinks they are one of my best attributes....:D

Rhonda

Thanks ya'll. I should have noted that I'm not new to working out (just a little problem with consistency), but my other tapes don't use weights as heavy as Cathe. Don't worry . . . I'm certainly taking it slow with this series -- when Cathe uses 40 lbs. I use 30 lbs. ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.