Why am I not sore?

LovingLife

Cathlete
Hi Cathe -- I did Power Hour today (probably my 5th time) and just love it, but am wondering why I'm not sore the next day after pushing to failure on practically everything and feeling the flame in each muscle. Am I doing something wrong? Or is soreness not always a sign of muscle strengthening and development? BTW, Rhythmic Step is my favorite step tape. Thanks for such a creative, fun, killer workout! -- Renee

Hi Renee! You are right, soreness does not always have to follow an effective workout. As long as your form and focus is there, your muscles are gaining the benefits. Keep up the good work!

Thanks so much Cathe! And congratulations on your pregnancy. My youngest is almost 2 (next week) and I just relish every stage of the baby years (I have 5 children all together -- thank goodness for workout videos or I'd weigh a ton :) -- Renee

That's nice to know Bobbi -- At first I was wondering if it was just Power Hour because Cathe's PS tapes (but I haven't lately because I was alternating CTXs and Firms until the new ones came out) always got me sore for at least a day, but that didn't make sense since I was getting such a burn. But yesterday it was definitely confirmed because I did Firm Standing Legs which I always feel the next day and I increased the weight and really worked it and today -- no soreness. Nice to see that my body is having a new response. -- Renee

Me too, Bobbi...I just did MIS after a break, & my body has mentioned it to me! I also really feel it today in the upper back neck area...not pain though, just sore!
Ruth :)
p.s. Love the flower!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.