Who knew 10 lbs. could make such a difference

gettingfitmom

Cathlete
WOW!!! Wore the weighted vest yesterday for the first part of GS Legs. Felt ok during the squats and lunges, really feeling it today:) But it's a good ache. going to try it w/ 4DS legs next... I was going to get avest that went up 20 lbs, but I think 10 lbs. extra isplenty! Thank you for a great product, it was very comfortable. Kay

Haven't made up my mind yet...

Hi Kay:

Thanks for the post on the weighted vest! quick question... do you use the vest by itself? or do you also use dumbbells or barbells where Cathe does?

I have shot my play money this month but have been thinking about the vest as the barbell sometimes gives me back aches, where dumbbells do not... thought the vest might be an alternative :)

TIA,
Dani

Vest and Legs and Glutes

I used the 10 lb. vest with Legs and Glutes; well most of L&G. I took the vest off right before the plyo lunges. Yikes.

I used the same weights as Cathe, plus the vest, and wow did the vest work well! For example, I used the vest plus the 15 lb weight for the leg presses and felt like I was working very hard. I really had to concentrate on form. The only exercise that I took the vest off for was the one-legged deadlift because I was leaning forward.

I can't believe I thought I wanted a 20 lb vest. I think the 10 lb vest is just awesome! I'll try it for Butts and Guts next.

Thanks for the great product!
Dawn

Oh. I also used the 10 lb vest for the legs portion of Slow & Heavy, plus the barbell. I REALLY felt the exercises in my legs, especially because I could not lift a barbell over my head that was as heavy as Cathe et crew. With the vest, I kept my barbell at a safe weight for me and just added the vest for additional weight.

Thanks for the vest reviews, I was very skeptical about it only being 10 pounds, but all these rave reviews are slowly changing my mind. ;)

Since I refuse to pay for shipping, I will just HAVE to buy more stuff.

I'm thinking the weighted gloves and PUB/PLB will get me to $100.

I am in total agreement about the vest!! Wore it tonight for standing leg workout and it made a huge difference. I think if it were 20lbs I would have had to lighten my barbell and hand weights! It's perfect!

Oh how I ADORE this vest! I honestly LOVE it. It's one of the best fitness purchases I've ever made. I wear it for all of Cathe's lower body w/o's now and it has made such a difference. Try wearing it during the Leg Blast premix on Butts and Gutts! YOWSA!

I know this sounds crazy but I honestly forget that I'm wearing the vest sometimes--it's THAT comfortable. I wore it the other day during S&H Legs and then I followed that up with 4DS Legs and I couldn't figure out why the low plane lunges were SOOOOO hard....um, duh, Allison--you have the vest on! I'd never done 4DS legs with the vest on before and it made such a difference. Wearing the vest plus holding 20lb dumbells during those low plane lunges= MAJOR pain. But it's such GOOD pain!

I have a ten-pound belt that I wear that is so comfortable. I'm one of those people that sweat gobs and feel better with the weight around my hips. I use it with all of Cathe's leg workouts, and just did it yesterday with Butts and Guts and Gym Style Legs (I usually do one killer leg workout a week). That extra 10 pounds on lunges really works it.

Dani-I wore the vest +the 40 lbs. barbell. I think it makes me feel more grounded(if that makes sense)
Deli-you will not be disapointed, you'll love it. I'm going to try it next week for 4DS(wish me luck) :)
to anyone thinking of getting it, it is well worth the investment!!!!! Kay

Thank you for all of your posts ladies, this vest is a must purchase for me, I can tell! Darn barbell can be too heavy to lift comfortably to my shoulders so I'm looking forward to a better weight distribution. Thanks!

weighted belt

I have a ten-pound belt that I wear that is so comfortable. I'm one of those people that sweat gobs and feel better with the weight around my hips. I use it with all of Cathe's leg workouts, and just did it yesterday with Butts and Guts and Gym Style Legs (I usually do one killer leg workout a week). That extra 10 pounds on lunges really works it.

DirtDiva: where did you get your belt? is it a true exercise belt or something like what you would use for snorkeling to keep you under water... Just love the idea of NOT having a vest-type, but as others have stated, sometimes heavier barbells or dumbbells are just too uncomfortable :)

Thanks ALL! your help is invaluable on this forum and I am so thankful that I found it!:D

DirtDiva: where did you get your belt?
Not DirtDiva, but one option is a pair of 5# (each) ankle weights that can be connected together to make a belt. I have a set by Ironwear (which use the same heavy rubber weights that my weight vests do).

Thanks Kathryn! :D I'll have to keep an eye out for the XL ankle weights! LOL I'm working on that issue and found a new committment a few months ago with the encouragement (and rather LARGE bet with) and support from my DH, so not sure I would be able to get just two ankle weights around my waist... YET! :)
but love the concept!

DirtDiva: where did you get your belt? is it a true exercise belt or something like what you would use for snorkeling to keep you under water... Just love the idea of NOT having a vest-type, but as others have stated, sometimes heavier barbells or dumbbells are just too uncomfortable :)

Thanks ALL! your help is invaluable on this forum and I am so thankful that I found it!:D

I love my belt, its 10 pounds and very comfortable around the hips. AND, they have a very good sale going on with it right now (I got the blue belt). Its washable too. This belt comes apart and can be used as ankle weights also, and they are adjustable in 1/2 pound increments, so very changeable to what you need. Here's the link, Kathyrn turned me on this site. Just ask for ups shipping if you can. DHL is awful!

http://www.ironwearfitness.com/weighted-belts.html

Not DirtDiva, but one option is a pair of 5# (each) ankle weights that can be connected together to make a belt. I have a set by Ironwear (which use the same heavy rubber weights that my weight vests do).

Yikes...I should have read this first!!! This is what I have!

thank you for the link!

I will definately look into this for next month maybe :) when my fun money stash has been replentished by the exercise fairy! :)

Great to hear this -- I ordered mine through Walmart and it is being shipped to my local Walmart store. It is supposed to be here this Wednesday (September 24th). I can't wait to try it out!

Julie

Kathryn, I have my vest on the way, but sort of wanted heavier. I'm going to try connecting my ankle weights for an extra 10 lbs. Thanks for the great idea!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.