What is the longest you have went without exercise?

FourAM

Cathlete
I know this is probably a stupid question but I was just wondering how long and why, if it was for any amount of time? And how long it took you to get back up to your strength before you stopped? (if it was a long period)

Thanks Rachel

5 years ago, for about 1 year..

I stopped 5 years ago for about a year, yes I know that sucks it was because of my knee surgery, I did not get the surgery as soon as should of, I had to go by steps, first just take medicine for pain, after that,radiography I did not had a broken bone so they couldn't see anything,after 5-6 months I got the MRI and then is when finally I got the referral to orthopedic surgeon and I got my surgery in January and it took me a year to go back to exercise, I begun with Core secrets easy workout, later I got P90X, I lost so much weigh with this one and then I find Cathe and since almost 3 years working out with Cathe. Now my knee is in complete recuperation that I'm able to do all kind of exercise, yes even Imax 1,2 3 and Insanity.

I don't know if this is what you want to know...

I started working out with cathe about 4 years ago and have been working out 6 days a week. Every few months or so I take about a week off. But once I didnt work out for about 12 days. And when I jumped back into it I couldnt even complete imax 2. It took about a week to get back to my normal self again.

Not Cathe but.....I had to take 6 weeks off for surgery about a year ago. It took me maybe 8 weeks to regain my strength.

Hi FourAm!

I had knee surgery in 2006. Prior to knee surgery I had taken 4 months off (tinkering with upper body workouts only) trying to rehab my knee. Once discovered that I needed surgery (I was unresponsive to the rehab) it was another 4 months recovery before back to my usual routine. :)

I know this is probably a stupid question but I was just wondering how long and why, if it was for any amount of time? And how long it took you to get back up to your strength before you stopped? (if it was a long period)

Thanks Rachel

After I had my second son, between his personality and sleep schedule I didn't work out for three years. Oh, and add in the whole pregnancy, cause he wasn't real helpful then either. ;) Once I did start working out again, it didn't take me long at all to get my strength and stamina back and to ditch the last 10 pounds I'd been carrying around.

About 3 years ago, I didn't work out for about a year because too much had happened in our family life and I couldn't get out of a depression that fell on me like a 10 tonne weight.

This past month I didn't work out for 3 weeks due to a week of migraines, a week with a virus and then the kids started back at school and I couldn't figure out my body clock and when to fit my fitness in to the family timetable.

Sometimes it happens. With determination, I am usually back on the road towards fitness within 2 weeks, not back at peak, but on the road with a regular habit.

You can do it too.

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.