What to do next?

deanie

Cathlete
Hey Cathe,
I am very excited you are feeling better and are ready to start the new dvds. I pre ordered the second day of the presale and have always been happy to wait for the new workouts!
My question is, I have been doing split sets workouts since June. My current work out: (3 weeks S&H and 3 weeks GS) will end at the end of August and I am unsure what to do next. I still want to work on definition as a priority and keep the strength I have gained. Do I go to muscle endurance, full body workouts or one muscle group a day? What do you recommend?
Thanks in advance,
Deanie:)

PS- Thank you for the S&H series I love it and got great results from it!!:)

Hi Deanie
That is similar to what I do, but I do slow and heavy and gym style workouts doing one body part a day w/3-5 days of cardio, then the next week a do totalbody cardio and circuit. So i keep my strenght and leaness:)
Take care
Randi

I vote what Randi said. One part per day with an SH/GS cocktail each day to seriously blast each muscle group.

A-Jock
(still not cathe but tryin')

Okay, groovy!:)
I was playing with that idea myself, but need a rotation or some thing to follow. Do you do S&H all week, one body part a week and cardio, then GS all week the next week, one body part a week and then a week of total body cardio and circuit? Or 3 weeks S&H one body part a day etc.? I guess basically what I'm asking is What is your rotation?
Thanks gals,

Day 1 S&H chest and gym style chest and 45-60 min cardio and abs
Day 2 S&H triceps and gym style triceps 45-60 min cardio
Day 3 S&H back and gym style back 45-60 min cardio
Day 4 S&H shoulders and gym style shoulders no cardio and abs
Day 5 S&H biceps gym style biceps 45-60 min cardio
Day 6 S&H legs and gym style legs floor work only and abs

Next week
Day 1 60 min cardio
Day 2 total body and abs
Day 3 60 min circuit
Day 4 60min cardio
Day 5 Total body and abs
Day 6 60 min cardio

Have fun
Randi

Just worked up a rotation using one body part a day with both GS and S&H and cardio and it is tooo long for me. With the kids going back to school my time is much more limited. I have about an hour to an hour 10 min tops in the am. I'm now leaning toward A-JOcks faux ctx using the hardcore series, or creating my own rotation using just GS and cardio doing one body part a day, for 3 weeks and S&H for one week. Or is that no good because I am just coming off doing GS series for 3 weeks? Any suggestions? They are definately appreciated!:)
Thanks,

Thanks Marcy,
I've been doing variations on this since June. I agree its been great for definition, strength and I even lost inches going heavy!!:) I need to do some thing different next month to mix it up:)
Deanie

How about doing one body part per day but doing the Pure Strength series, but going thru each upper body part twice?? Or pairing up either the Pyramid with Pure Strength or Muscle Max with Pure Strength or Pyramids for each upper body body part. I did this and did 30 min cardio each day paired with upper body. On alternate days I did either legs or I did a longer cardio along with the pushup series from Gym Style. Doing the pushups a few days a week gave me great definition. I added in abs whenever I could. To fit it all in you have to get away from the "week" long rotation concept though.

Let us know what you decide!

That's interesting. I like Muscle Max with Pure Strength. I have to check the time factor. If I could do them with 30min cardio and stay within 70ish minutes, that might be a go. I was looking at Fitness Freaks one body part a week rotation also, because I got such good results with S&H and GS and they were fun. I've never done a rotation that wasn't a week long though, what did your rotation look like? I was thinking one body part a day and 30 min cardio would fit into a week. Maybe every other week add in muscle endurance.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.