Weights in S&H

Rhonda

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
Hope all is going well with the pregnancy.

I am wondering when doing S&H, sometimes I feel I could go heavier than I am but towards the end of the set start to shake. Is that saying that my muscles are working the maximum they can go and that I should stay at that weight? For example on squats I was using my 45 lb barbell and I felt I could go heavier but my legs were shaking. I stayed at that weight.

I am really enjoying the S&H series. Brings fun back into weight training. I was getting bored with normal training and I just started your S&H and am having fun again. Yes, fun if you can believe it.

Power Hour is another great video. I did it the first time on Saturday and the time flew by. I couldn't believe the tape was over.

It is hard to walk up the steps from the basement after the S&H Legs and the Power Hour videos. Great workouts!!
Thanks
Rhonda

Hi Rhonda! If you are feeling sore the day after doing these tapes, then stick with the weight you are using even though you feel you may have been able to go a little heavier. This will give you even more room to grow with the tape.

This series is tricky. You start out the first set thinking you should go heavier and then half way through the third set your muscles "hit the wall". I especially feel this in the tricep workout on the lying extentions. Glad you are "having fun".

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.