Weighted Gloves

Dawncharlie

Cathlete
Hi Cathe and others!

I am loving my new fitness by Cathe products. Both the weighted vest and 5 lb ankle weights are really adding to my leg workouts! (Especially the 4DS leg workout, which I actually thought was on the easy side before I added the weight!)

My question regards the weighted gloves. For some reason, I thought they were 2 lbs for each glove, but they are 2 lbs total (1 lb on each glove). I used them for Cardio Kicks and Kick Max, but at just 1 lb each, they seem awfully light to me. I'm not sure I'm really feeing them.

My questions are (1) Is it safe to add a lb or two to the weighted gloves so they are at least 2 lbs each or is 1 lb each preferred for weighted gloves? and (2) The gloves have a zipper so I think you can insert weight, so does anyone know where you can buy more weight?

Thank you all. And thanks, Cathe, as always. It doesn't matter how many times I do your workouts, I always find them the very best!

Have a great day,
Dawn

Not Cathe, but I would not recommend using over 1# per glove for boxing/kickboxing moves, at least until you have used the 1# for a while. The added momentum of the moves makes the 1# have the effect of more than its weight, and the stress on the shoulder and elbow joints could be excessive.

If you aren't feeling it, concentrate more on the power of your punches rather than on adding weight. Make your muscles provide the intensity rather than the weight, and it will be a better, safer workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.