Weight gain/pant size increase

LizLyon65

I have been running for two years. I lost weight and then decided to add strength training to my workout three days a week in September. I moved up to an advanced level and started Cathe's muscle endurance DVD recently. Yes, I have lost A LOT of cellulite on my thighs and lifted my buns. My body is firmer and my shoulders and arms look great. What's my problem? I have put on about 5 pounds and gone up a pants size because the thigh and waist area fit differently. What is happening? What can I do to go down in pants size? This is very hard on my motivation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :-(

You've probably increased your muscle mass, which is a GOOD THING! Congratulations! I wish I were dedicated enough to lower body weights to bulk up my chicken legs like that!

If the cellulite is diminishing, no sweat about the pant size. Just have your pants/skirts altered to compliment your nice, muscly figure! Good job!:7

I'm an hourglass frame with big legs and butt. I've been working out for over 20 years and never have I had the results that I've gotten with Gym Style Legs. It was not overnight, however. It was very gradual. After sticking with the Gym Styles for about 6 months alternating with Kick Max, I-Max, and another cardio, I was smaller than I had ever been. I stopped these workouts these past 6 months and I've gotten a little bigger. Starting this Sunday, I'm following this rotation again. I kept a daily log and upped my weights every time I could, lifting as heavy as possible with good form, and I got to where I was using weighted gloves for Kick Max.

I have a tendency to bulk up in my lower body. I'm only 5'1" and tiny so I don't like the way I look when my legs are bigger. I still want to be toned, tho, so I just don't use as much weight as I used to. My knees have gotten worse over the years so it may be a good thing. I can't handle as much weight as I used to.

I personally think you need to focus on what you see in the mirror and not on a scale or pant size.

I would much rather have muscular, shapely, firm legs and have to go up one pant size than thin, shapeless, no muscle tone to go down a pant size.
I see so many thin older women with unattractive legs because they have no muscle.
IMO, muscles give you sexy curves! What's wrong with curves?
If your pants size bothers you, take some scissors and cut the stupid tag out! Problem solved.:cool:

My legs are also very muscular especially in the thighs. I've seen great results in that area from Cathe's new LIS workouts and have actually gone down a size since incorporating them. I am doing her spinning DVD twice a week, so not sure if that's why. I've seen others post that they've also slimmed down in this area from this series.

Lisa

"If your pants size bothers you, take some scissors and cut the stupid tag out! Problem solved.":cool:

Fitt44,
Now that is such a great suggestion!;)

Janie

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.