weight gain

Sofia

Hi Cathe
I am 45 years old and seem to be gaining inches around my sides and lower back. Is this common when you age. Would jogging be the best way to lose the extra inches?
Thank you

Sofia,

I'm not Cathe, of course but I wanted to share my experience with you. I turned 50 this year and started experience what you are talking about at age 42. It definitely sounds like perimenopause or possibly a slowdown in your metabolism due to aging. Although cardio is important to burn the fat, weight training is imperative to tighten and tone those areas. At least that's what worked for me :)

Like Candi, I turned 50 this year and also started the 'upward climb' at about 42-43. I do run, but I also rely on weights to help me with this problem. I don't know WHAT size I'd be without BOTH! ;-)

I am also interested to hear what Cathe will say about this. It is amazing how differently our bodies start to respond/ (NOT respond) :7 to exercise and clean eating after 40 or so. :( Just when I feel I am doing all I can do, I find I have to try harder! x(

I must say, that without finding Cathe's workouts, I'd be sunk! They are the only things that stand between me in shape---and me in BAD shape.....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.