weekly routine question

goldenrun358

Cathlete
Cathe,

I work out 5-6 days per week. Two of the days are always total body strength training sessions similar to Muscle Max and Pyramid Upper Body and three days are cardio (3 mile run, LowMax, Imax 3, KickMax, etc). Would it be better to make that 6th workout of the week strength or another cardio session? If adding another day of strength, what is my best option: one day of Gym Style (alternating each DVD each week) or another day of full body? My objective is mainly maintenance, although gaining strength and leaning out are a goal. I would like to trim some fat that's been creeping up on me (literally!); however, with my hectic schedule, although I almost always manage to get my workouts in, the diet aspect can vary when I'm pressed for time and can't prepare meals. With that in mind, is devoting that 6th day to cardio or weights going to give better results and help me maintain if not reach my goal?

P.S. Thank you for producing inspiring workouts. At times I'm left in exhausted awe!

Jen

I look forward to reading an answer to this myself. I struggle with the balance of how much cardio and how much weights. Maybe you could add a day of intense yoga!?

Interesting question...I've always wondered this too. Usually I just tack on a day of circuit training (Cardio and Weights, HSTA, HSC) to get the best of both worlds.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.