Video workouts request--warmups and cooldowns

I would also like to suggest that there could be an optional longer (minimum 10 minutes) warmups and cooldowns, and that the optional longer cooldown hold each stretch for at least 30 seconds. I find I need a longer warmup (although the last series greatly meets that need), and for adequate stretch at least 30 seconds really hits the spot!

Thanks for considering this,

Ronda

I like the idea of *optional* because due to time factors, I'd rather spend more time in the actual workout.

I too would rather spend more time working hard than warming up...so I like the idea of this being optional so that when we DO actually find the extra time, we can hold those oh so good feeling stretches longer.

I don't mind longer warm-ups and cool-downs for longer workouts but isn't this just 60 minutes per workout? And isn't this just 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weights? If we add 10 minutes warm-up and 10 minutes cool-down - then we only have 20 minutes cardio and 20 minutes weights for each workout. I don't know but.....

my suggestion would be 5 minutes of warm-up, 25 minutes of cardio, 25 minutes of weights and 5 minutes of cool-down to make a 60 minute workout (unless Cathe is willing to do 70 minutes per workout which already includes 10 minutes warm-up and 10 minutes cool-down)

This is just a suggestion! :)

I also would prefer to spend more time working out and less on a warm up. The last series warm ups were at my limit, then I start to get "itchy" and want to start my workout. I like the above posters suggestion: 5 min. warm up, and 5 min. cool down, but I'd like the cardio and weights to be 30 min. So optional longer warmups and cooldowns may work for everyone.:)

Deanie

I think longer warm ups fit the bill. It's very easy to just push a button and jump ahead to the next chapter if you feel warmed up and ready to roll but there are still 4 minutes left to Cathe's warm up.

It's a bit boring if the warm up is short and you have to do it twice, or worse, if the warm up simply isn't adequate for the individual and they have to add on their own warm up. That is why to this day I never do the "All Step" step workout from Cross Train Express. The warm up is too fast (same pace as the body of the workout) there are too many turns and twists before the body is warmed up and the so called warm up is about what...3 minutes long? I really like the longer warm ups from Cathe's latest workouts. And yeah, now that it is summer and warm, sometimes I don't need to warm up for 9 minutes, so I just hit the 'Next Chapter' button. :)

Ditto on DEEDEE's idea. It makes sense to just hit the forward/track button when you're ready to go.

Many days I don't need a longer warmup, but somedays I do. And it would be nice to have that option.

:)

Marla

I agree with deanie, bluediamond, lala1, mmis29 - I prefer shorter warmup WU) and cooldown (CD) for this series (unless there is a separate option for a longer WU). I prefer to do more actual workouts than spend a lot of time doing WU and CD.

If Cathe is set to stick with 60 minutes, then having a 10 minute WU and 10 minute CD is a waste of actual workout time. I would rather do more workout time than do a long WU and CD. I'm not so keen on always clicking "next" after a long WU just to get to the actual workout. I can just imagine, I'm doing 5 minutes of WU (let's say this WU is a lenthy 10 minutes); I have to get my remote and click "next" to get to the actual workout? Unless the 10 minute WU is chaptered in the 5 minute mark, then I could just easily program my player. Anyway, it's a hassle to always get my remote and click "next" while halfway through the 10 minute WU. Cathe is doing four 60 minute workouts so does that mean I will always click "next" in all these warmups(assuming all these 4 warmups are 10 minutes long?). That's just my opinion.

Moreover, I hope the actual workouts are 30 minutes for cardio and 30 minutes for strength training. And a separate 4-5 minute ACTIVE WU and 4-5 minutes of CD.

Just my two cents.

>I'm not so keen on always clicking "next" after a long WU just
>to get to the actual workout. I can just imagine, I'm doing 5
>minutes of WU (let's say this WU is a lenthy 10 minutes); I
>have to get my remote and click "next" to get to the actual
>workout? Unless the 10 minute WU is chaptered in the 5 minute
>mark, then I could just easily program my player. Anyway, it's
>a hassle to always get my remote and click "next" while
>halfway through the 10 minute WU.

Where do you keep your remote? In the next room? (Just joking :) )Hitting the button to jump to the next chapter takes what...a second? I guess for some people that would be too much trouble, but it stills seems like less trouble than doing the warm up twice or having to pause at the end of the warm up and continue with your own until you are properly warmed up, or even having to do you own warm up before the workout. To each his own I guess. :)

I prefer short warm ups and cool downs since, just like the others, I am more concerned about the length of the cardio and strength training workouts. For example, I'm hoping the actual workout is 30 mins. cardio and 30 mins. strength - this excludes the warm up and cool down.

I hope Cathe does not give us 20 mins. cardio and 20 mins. strength (just like what bluediamond mentioned) and the rest is 10 mins. warm up and 10 mins. cool down. I'll be disappointed. I haven't preordered yet because I'm waiting on the time breakdown of the workouts. I really want to know the length of the actual workouts. I'll just wait at the last minute to preorder when all the details are posted on the blog.

I cannot imagine Cathe would ever sacrifice any of the actual workout (either in length or integrity) in order to provide an optional longer warmup. It's not her style to make workouts easier.

:D
Marla

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.