Video Achievement vs. Gym Achievement

LorieO

I am new to Cathe and have started working out using your workouts. My frustration comes when I read that in order for you to have achieved your fitness goal, you needed to workout with a personal trainer at the gym. Does this mean as someone who can't afford to join a gym, that I will never achieve this look, even though I'm following your rotations, because I need the equipment at the gym?

Lorie

Lone,

If you can some how get the equipment at home, you can achieve your goals as well. But you have got to be on your self night and day. You have to set up your goals then break down how your going to get from point A to point B, and what steps your going to take. And you got to keep stepping back and looking at them and re-doing them to stay on track. A lot of people have a personal trainer, because they either don't have the time or can't do this themselves. Also a lot of people don't have the space in their house for the equipment so the gym works bettter. Also have this thing since they are paying every month to use the gym, they'll go use it. Where as if they weren't paying monthly and reminded about it when they see the bill they slack off. But then again a ton of people you join the gym show up only a handful of times and then forget about it, and pay for not using it.

The main thing you need to have. Is 100% seriousness and determination, as well as will power. With that combo you can have any body you want. But it will take hard work, it will take hours of research, as now you are your own personal trainer. And you have to know what video will achive your goal, and not allow yourself to go off in another direction, and trust me it's really easy to go off in another direction. You have to always be re-evaluating your goals, what you've acomplish and what you have done so far. Also understand Cathe did these videos the help, as a guideline, but if you read the bios of the people who were also in the videos, you'll notice they didn't get that body by just doing the videos, they trained a lot harder for their bodies. But yes you can do it at home, but if you are aiming to something like Cathe's body, don't think one video a day will do it, it won't. Most people in Cathe's videos are personal trainers, that means, being active all day long, demostrating different moves all day long, then time moving around a lot and making sure people are following and also fitting in your own workout.

But start slow, and keep re-evaluating yourself. Every week ask yourself a ton of question, like where did I improve this week how much more do I want to improve this body part, what is my weakest body part. If I reached my goal for this week what is my new goal? What is the best way to reach it? What videos would work best to reach it, what exercies should I really concentrate on and even add a few more during or after the video, to help achieve my gual? How hard to push yourself? As now you are a trainer and a trainee, and you have got to make sure that trainee is towing the line, but also staying safe. As a trainee you actually got to follow what you lay out for yourself, no excuse.

Now with Cathe's videos and rotations you will get a pretty good body out of it. But this is a general video that has certain goals that may not match your own. And if they don't your gody to have to find a way to work out the difference to get what you want. This kind of like a partnership, they give you this, but you want that, and you have to work with them to get what you truely want.

And what I mean by geneal video is that anyone in good enough shape can do it, and it's not actually a personal trainer, who is specifically pushing you through a routine, to achieve a certain goal. These are videos that work all the muscles and make them strong and toned, and generally reshaped, but they don't look at you and say, gee you got big butt, lets add an extra 2 sets of lunges and squats to your workout to help trim that down. This part is competely up to you, and you have to know what you need, as no one is built the same, and there is no way to make a program for everyone and everyone get teh perfect body out of it. Some will, some will have to work harder, others will have to revamp the whole routine so it fits them, they bulk up super fast in the thighs but have hamgstrings.

But yes if you use these video to your complete and total advantage then they will get you to your goal or pretty close to it. Now if your just following the roations and you actually want something different then the gual or the roation, you'll never achiieve it. It's like if you turn right you'll go to K-mart or you turn left to go to Wal-mart, well you turn right your at K-marts, they have some of the stuff you want but not all of it. That's basically what your doing if your following a routine that doesn't help achieve your goal.

And maybe with everything I listed you'll see why a lot decide to allow someone else to do it for them. It is a lot of work, and if you don't know, there is a lot of guessing involved or a ton of research that can lead you off the right track in a heart beat. And most of all the will power is sometiems hard to keep at a high enough level, because even if your doing everything right, you may not see results right away. You may plateau, you may see something you weren't expecting and are not happy with, and of course, life. It seems to get in the way sometimes and mess up your goals, and then you got to crawl on your hands and knees and pick that goal back up and put it together again after life knocked it down and stompped on it.

If you'd like some advice and direction on your goals or what way would be best to achieve them, I'd be more then happy the help, but you have got to be reasonibly solid on them, as if you get half way there and then say, this wasn't what I wanted, it can take a ton of work to undo, as well as time, and that can be very very frusterating.

Kit

Cathe IS my personal trainer and I have reached many fitness goals, some pretty stringent working out at home and prefer it to gym training. I may have to turn on my DVD Player to get Cathe to crack the whip but she does it and so well! Work! When she demands, I comply! :)
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Maturity is the ability to do a job whether or not you are supervised, to carry money without spending it, and to bear an injustice without wanting to get even.

-Ann Landers

Also as a teen when I was recoverying from neck surgery the only thing I had was my videos, they gym wouldn't touch me. I managed to reach my goals and then some all on my own. And trust me after being on bed rest for over 6 months and losing every bit of any balance I had, my hearing, eye sight, speach, and a lot of my feeling in most parts of my body. I managed a full recovery and was back in shape when I started my 9th grade year, I was just reaching 5 foot and I went from a size 12 at bed rest, to a size 1. So yes you can do it.

Kit

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.