Update 5/9/06

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! This is a quick update just to let you know that all is going very well. I'm in my third week of therapy and am hitting all of my marks perfectly. My range of motion is fully restored, my quad and calf strength are gradually coming back, as is my balance and flexibility. It is so motivating to see these improvements. The therapist feels that I am right where I should be with progress at this point in time. I have a few of weeks of therapy left and then a follow up appointment with my doctor. As always, I'll keep you informed along the way. Please feel free to ask any questions if you have them :)

Cathe,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post updates. I am thrilled for you that your recovery is right on track and know that you are simply thrilled to finally be in recovery stage.

Take care and try to enjoy a little of the down time.:)

Cathe,
It is so great to hear from you. I am so glad that you are feeling great and are healing so well. I have been anxiously awaiting the news of the film date and everytime you update us I know that the time is coming near. WIth that said though, take your time healing and we will be good and ready when you are. Take care:)

Susan

That is wonderful Cathe. I wish you the best through the last few weeks of therapy. We want you back soon-but not before you're ready.

:)

Your Progress

Cathe:

This is excellent news! :) Are you able to use a step in your classes yet, or are you still using a mat and talking everyone through the moves? Is this a painful recovery like your ACL reconstruction was? Are you as anxious for these new workouts as we are? ;-) :7

Please take care and keep being patient. As always, you will remain in my thoughts and prayers. :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Your Progress

Cathe,
Can you feel the excitement in Heather's post:7 :+ :p Incidentally I feel exactly the same way! It's amazing how your body is responding, just a testament to your strength and spirit.
Best wishes!
Mattea

Hi Heather! Oh yes, I am very anxious to film but as we all know and agree, I have to be (and am being) patient :)

Vertical training is not permitted yet, however, I do see it on my upcoming menu :) I have taken out my step at home and tested a couple of low impact moves just to see how it feels. It feels fine but I am not going to do any more than that until I get the official okay from my therapist.

This recovery process is thankfully NOT AT ALL as painful as my ACL was. This surgery was a much less complicated procedure than the ACL total reconstruction was and the recovery is many months less too, whew!

Thank you for your well wishes :)

Your Progress

Cathe:

Thank you for the quick response. I am relieved to know that you are not in pain. That makes me feel better. I have been so concerned about you. Take all the time you need. The wait will just make all of us that much more excited, and you are more than worth the wait.

Now put that step back in the closet. ;-) And isn’t it past your bedtime? ;-) I know it is past mine here in Texas, but I got all excited when I read your update. :7

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

It looks like a party in the "Ask Cathe" forum!:7

Dear Cathe,

Thank you for the update. I'm so happy for you, that you're making progress. You have been much in my thoughts and prayers and I'll keep you right there. Take your time, now. I'm still trying to get through the 3rd cardio combo in Body Fusion so I have a long way to go before I'll be ready for more cardio--lol!

Michele :)

Cathe, what great news!! I know you will continue to progress and be back in no time!

Cathe,
I'm so glad to hear your recovery is going well and on track.

It has been good for me that you are modeling responsible rehab, doing what the doctor and physical therapist say and not letting your ambition get ahead of your sense of safety and responsibility. Your injury and how you have handled it has made me re-think how I respond to my body when I get an "early alert" signal for possible injury or just overdoing it.

So even though taping is delayed, I continue to learn a lot of valuable lessons from you. I'm guessing others may feel the same way!

Sending you all the best early a.m. vibes I can!!!

:) :) :)
Barb

Thank you Cathe, for the update.

You have such a fantastic positive attitude!!! I'm sure that's why you are progressing so well !

This is just ANOTHER area where your enthusiasim and great spirit is shining through!!

Prayers for your continued recovery.

Hi Cathe,

Thanks so much for keeping us informed.
Sending you best wishes for a complete recovery:D
I just had one question . . .
have you been planning your next set of videos?;)

You're the best!
Kathy in Wayne, OH

Hi Cathe!

That is wonderful news! I bet you can hardly contain your excitement. :7 :7 Glad PT is going well and that you're right where you should be.

Thanks for the update!

Dallas:)

Thanks for the update, Cathe...glad to hear everything's going so well! :) These workouts are probably going to be better than ever once you're able to film since you're going to be so fully recovered and ready for action! Take care! :)

Cathe, I'm so glad to hear that things are progressing nicely. When I was doing GS BSB this morning, I was wondering how it was going for you.

I'm glad to hear that things are going well, and I hope that you continue to progress nicely. :)

Cathe, I'm so happy to hear of your progress! I'm still looking forward to the new workouts, so film when YOUR ready.
Susan C.M.:D

Great news!

I'm happy that you are doing great... hoping for a full recovery soon. I know you must be excited about all this -- you found somebody who knows what they are doing! Knowing the cause of the problem is huge lift itself, I bet!

As far as filming, I'd rather you take your time to fully recover instead of trying to rush it. You know, the ones that are still in the pre-order are your DIE HARD fans! We can wait for something that we know will be good kickbutt workouts. Just hope CCETV (or something like that) isn't rushing you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.