Is it true that stepping will lead to FAT thighs & knee probs?

mizach

Hi Cathe!

I am new to your workout tapes and I have your (PS), (PH, MIS, BodyMax) DVDs. Well, I am getting addicted to anything Cathe. Right now, I need more options for my cardio days and am considering your step tapes. I have read in numerous forums that stepping causes fat thighs, and knee problems in the future. Is this true?

Lorna

All I can say is that I've been stepping since 1988; have used a 10" step--(which is not smart), will be 50 in December;--and stepping on a 6 to 8" step (NO HIGHER) is a great cardio and lower body workout since you are working against gravity. my knees are better--and no fat thighs here--thankfully. (I have to wear riding tights almost every day!):7

Hi Lorna! Your genetics will determine how much muscle you will develop from certain activities. And your conscious effort to vary your routine and step at a height that does not cause you any discomfort will spare your knees any problems. Sure, some people are prone to knee problems but thats not to say that this is caused by stepping. Knee problems can come from all sort of activities.

I think that if you step two non-consecutive times per week on a six inch platform that you will provide your body with a refreshing and positive challenge yet a conservative enough approach to dismiss any concerns. Have fun!

Hi Cathe and Murph!
Thanks for your answers. My fears are unfounded then. I tried the step part of BodyMax this morning and was laughing all the way. All I can do is the Basic and Grapevine :). I have a lot to learn.
Lorna

I had stepped for years before trying of any of Cathe's tapes, Body Max being my first. I almost cried the first time I did it!!! I couldnt get any of the moves!! But, now I can do the whole entire tape without goofing up (still get out of breath though of course). So, bottom line...stick with it, you'll get the moves eventually.

:) Stacy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.