triceps kickbacks

rmdick

I am able to easily use 10 pound weights while doing triceps kickbacks as they are done in MIS (one arm at a time, one leg up on the bench). With the kickbacks in S&H, I can BARELY do the entire sequence of exercises with 5 pound weights. Is this because: 1. I was not doing them with proper form in MIS? 2. I am already "triceps exhausted" in S&H because of the intensity of the triceps exercises before the kickbacks? 3. They are more difficult to do when done with both arms at once in a "standing, back flat" position?

Just curious. I think that I am learning much better technique in doing weight lifting with S&H ad just wondered if my ability to do kickbacks with 10 pound weights in MIS was not real!

Hi RMDICK! The answer is definitely # 3, with #2 following right behind it. The bent over retracted dual arm position is a much harder position and most everyone will need to use a lighter weight than when in a single arm standing position.

I cannot be sure about #1 without seeing you do them. It is not unheard of to do kickbacks with 10 pounds, but it is definitely a heavier than usual weight. So if your form is good then keep using the 10 in MIS if thats what you can correctly handle.

Good Luck and Enjoy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.