Training after a Lumbar Sprain

nicolegadino

Cathlete
Hi Cathe -

I just wanted some advice on what the best workouts are for starting to train after a lumbar sprain. I haven't been able to work out for about 4 weeks, and have been going to back therapy for that long as well. My doctor has released me for light excercise, so I took a yoga class this week, which reallly helped.

Iam finally starting to feel good, and can move aropund without any pain. I am anxious to start cardio again, but I dont want to over do it.

I have a large collectino of your workouts, so I was jusst wondering what you could suggest for some light intensity cardio?

Thanks

Hi Nicole. So sorry to hear of your back sprain. Being that you were just cleared for light activity you are smart to be very cautious. If yoga felt really good I think that is all I would suggest right now for a couple of weeks along with very basic cardio like brisk walking, light walk/jog, and basic biking. Nothing to turny or twisty right now. Doing so could invite unwanted risk at a critical cross road. Let your back acclimate to its normal routine gradually before throwing it a lot of information.

Good Luck!

Hi Cathe -

I just wanted some advice on what the best workouts are for starting to train after a lumbar sprain. I haven't been able to work out for about 4 weeks, and have been going to back therapy for that long as well. My doctor has released me for light excercise, so I took a yoga class this week, which reallly helped.

Iam finally starting to feel good, and can move aropund without any pain. I am anxious to start cardio again, but I dont want to over do it.

I have a large collectino of your workouts, so I was jusst wondering what you could suggest for some light intensity cardio?

Thanks

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.