Thank You Cathe--I'm So Glad to Be Back

motherofsix

Cathlete
Thank you Cathe for making such wonderful workouts and for these forums. I had started exercising with your workouts and with running in August of 2007. I had lost 20 lbs and down to a size 4 (never in my life would I have thought that would happen) by January of 2008.

Everything was going fine until July of 2008 when I received a free one month membership to a gym. I added the gym classes to what I was already doing with your workouts (weights three times a week) and running (I was up to running from 5-10 miles three times a week) or step workouts. After 2 weeks I realized something was seriously wrong with my left foot. I finally went to a doctor and he confirmed I had a stress fracture and would need to rest my foot for at least a month.

The first week I sat around feeling sorry for myself and eating just about everything in sight. Then I got back into doing just weights being careful not to stress my foot. The not being able to walk or run really got to me and so I gave up again and let my workouts go and my eating become terrible.

On Monday I decided to get my life back and get back to work. As of Monday, Sept. 15, 2008, I weighed 137 pounds. I am 5 ft. 5 inches tall. In July of 2008 I weighed 115 pounds. I almost didn't weigh myself because of fearing what it would show. Well, yesterday, Sept. 16th, was by 47th birthday. I had lost 4 pounds in one day just by eating right and exercising. Today I am down another 1 and 1/2 pounds. I am doing your weight workouts every other day. And in between I am doing lots of walking and even beginning to run again. Only running a few blocks at a time in between the walking.

I even took pictures this time and measurements. Oh my, they look awful! But I am looking forward to when I take the next ones in a month. I didn't take pictures last time and I think if I had they would have helped me realize how far I had come and to not give up.

The most amazing thing is that even though, today, I am still not at the weight I want to be, I feel so much better just because I am exercising and eating right. When I eat lots of junk food, I feel lousy and sedated all the time. I don't want to do anything but eat. And I get mean, too. When I feel the urge to eat something I shouldn't, I just go for a walk or start cleaning or playing with my kids and I feel better. Working out first thing in the morning helps my whole day go better.

So thank you, thank you, thank you Cathe for all your wonderful workouts. It is so good to be back and alive and looking forward to living life again. And I am so looking forward to STS. It always seems like Christmas when the UPS person arrives with your DVDs.

God bless you, your family, and your staff for all your hard work and dedication. You are the best and you bring out the best in all of us.

Heather

Thank you Gettingfitmom.

Thank you for your encouragement, Gettingfitmom. Every day is hard to keep my eating clean, but I just take each day as it comes. My weight is staying at 131.5. Which is fine for now. I can tell my muscles are getting back in shape. And I look forward to working out each day.

Went running with my dog this morning. Taking it easy so I don't hurt my foot again. Well, my dog got in front of me and my left foot hit his leg and I think I broke my little toe. I have ice on it right now. I kept on running when it happened. It actually felt better to run than to walk on it.

Not going to let this stop me from exercising though. This is much less painful than the stress fracture I had. I think I can still run with it.

Well, thanks again for your encouragement. God bless.

Heather

High FIve Heather

Thank you Cathe for making such wonderful workouts and for these forums. I had started exercising with your workouts and with running in August of 2007. I had lost 20 lbs and down to a size 4 (never in my life would I have thought that would happen) by January of 2008.

Everything was going fine until July of 2008 when I received a free one month membership to a gym. I added the gym classes to what I was already doing with your workouts (weights three times a week) and running (I was up to running from 5-10 miles three times a week) or step workouts. After 2 weeks I realized something was seriously wrong with my left foot. I finally went to a doctor and he confirmed I had a stress fracture and would need to rest my foot for at least a month.

The first week I sat around feeling sorry for myself and eating just about everything in sight. Then I got back into doing just weights being careful not to stress my foot. The not being able to walk or run really got to me and so I gave up again and let my workouts go and my eating become terrible.

On Monday I decided to get my life back and get back to work. As of Monday, Sept. 15, 2008, I weighed 137 pounds. I am 5 ft. 5 inches tall. In July of 2008 I weighed 115 pounds. I almost didn't weigh myself because of fearing what it would show. Well, yesterday, Sept. 16th, was by 47th birthday. I had lost 4 pounds in one day just by eating right and exercising. Today I am down another 1 and 1/2 pounds. I am doing your weight workouts every other day. And in between I am doing lots of walking and even beginning to run again. Only running a few blocks at a time in between the walking.

I even took pictures this time and measurements. Oh my, they look awful! But I am looking forward to when I take the next ones in a month. I didn't take pictures last time and I think if I had they would have helped me realize how far I had come and to not give up.

The most amazing thing is that even though, today, I am still not at the weight I want to be, I feel so much better just because I am exercising and eating right. When I eat lots of junk food, I feel lousy and sedated all the time. I don't want to do anything but eat. And I get mean, too. When I feel the urge to eat something I shouldn't, I just go for a walk or start cleaning or playing with my kids and I feel better. Working out first thing in the morning helps my whole day go better.

So thank you, thank you, thank you Cathe for all your wonderful workouts. It is so good to be back and alive and looking forward to living life again. And I am so looking forward to STS. It always seems like Christmas when the UPS person arrives with your DVDs.

God bless you, your family, and your staff for all your hard work and dedication. You are the best and you bring out the best in all of us.

Heather

Thanks so much for the special words Heather. You are very sincere. Your post is very inspiring and shows me what great determination and focus you have. Wow, you are a tenacious exerciser. Go Heather!!!!

It is also apparent that on top of experiencing some phenominal accomlishments over the past year, you have unfortunately seen some ups and downs too. But you have ambitiously proven that you are taking charge and keeping your health a top priority. I sure do admire that. Keep up the great work Heather, and if I may kindly offer a little suggestion to keep a close watch on that injured toe as well as keeping that newly gone stress fracture healed up. Listen to your body day to day and go with what it will give you. Its certainly ok to push a little harder on your "feeling great" days but remember to give your body the same respect on the "not feeing so great" days. I know you know the deal so let me just once again say "Keep up the great work Heather" :D Take Care.

Last edited:
Thank you for the advice and inspiration Cathe!

I can't believe you actually answered my post! Thank you so much! It was just what I needed today. I have been feeling so stupid for allowing my toe to get broken. But I am going to keep moving forward and keep working out and eating right.

Thank you for reminding me to listen to my body. If I had done that back in July, I would have backed off as soon as my foot started hurting and probably wouldn't have ended up with a stress fracture. I am going to take it one day at a time and one workout at a time.

Thank you again for all your great work and advice and for these awesome forums. You are the best!

God bless,

Heather

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.