supplements?

Hi Smiley! Thank you! No, I do not take supplements normally, but now that I am pregnant I am taking calcium and iron supplements.

I'm not Cathe, but I have a suggestion. I recommend Shaklee's Physique and/or Fitness which are higher and lower calorie muscle repair drinks. I'm a certified instructor and use these after-exerciser drinks when I have worked particularly hard either cardiovascularly or weight-training. There really isn't a tablet form of supplement that you can take. The best advice I can give in this area is KNOW YOUR SUPPLEMENT COMPANY. If they sell it at GNC, I DON'T buy it (the brand).

Let me know if you need more.

i would like to know where you buy your drinks. Is there something wrong with gnc? Do you take vitamins? I,ve tried soy drinks but it made me feel bloated. How much protein does this drink have?

I don't like gnc because I don't know the credibility of their products. I use Shaklee because they are a science company so they have the research to back their products, all their products are bioavailable,have no artificial colors, flavors, preservatives - I could go on. I just find that the best advice I was ever given about supplements was KNOW YOUR COMPANY and I have yet to find a company makes products as they do, have the research to back it up (and will send it to you) and the respect of the FDA. Actually, the FDA (after visiting Shaklee's research plant) asked them to meet quarterly to begin discussion on industry standards for vitamin and herbal supplements. Anyway, has two protein products (one with lower carbs for Atkin's people). The one with lower carbs had 16g of protein, 0g sugars, 80 calories. IF you want, you can e-mail me at my normal address for more information:[email protected]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.