supplements

L

Liza

Hi Cathe,
I have done all your new tapes and love them. I workout 7 days a week, do cardio, weights, jog and kickboxing. I admit I don't have the best eating habits. I work two jobs and sometimes eat on the go. My question is... What supplements do you take to help you? Which do you recommend? I am in better shape now than ever - but still have a problem with cellulite in my legs. Any advice???

Hi Liza!

I'm not a supplement type person. I just like to take one multi vitimin per day (when I can remember too
happy.gif
)!

wow!

I am very impressed and encouraged by the fact that you don't take supplements. I have been checking into the Body For Life program and of course they strongly recommend MANY supplements. So it's good to know that you can build the body you want without them. Cathe, you are a great inspiration and I'm so glad I happened to catch on to your videos. The ones in the stores just weren't cutting it anymore. A very big THANK YOU to you!

Thoughts on cellulite supps

You are not alone. I work out like a demon and I just started getting cellulite in my 30's... found that by doubling my daily water intake and essentially eliminating sodium, it pretty much went away. (Those cellulite supps are full of it--I don't know one person who gained a single benefit and my Doctor warned me some studies were showing potential adverse side effects, plus they are $$$$) If you are working out hard and still bloating and carrying cellulite despite drinking lots of water and watching the sodium, talk to your doctor. S/he may consider giving you a gentle water pill if you have tried everything else. You may not be drinking as much water as you think, and getting more salt than you think as well. Good luck, and don't get discouraged! All that hard work will prevail

My two cents, Liza

You already realize that you need to work on your eating habits. Supplements aren't the answer, but the only eating plan that works is the one that fits into YOUR life. You can aim to change the foods you use for convenience. For instance, fresh fruit instead of salty snacks. Cottage cheese instead of cheese crackers. Fat-free yogurt instead of Ben and Jerry's (sorry guys!) This takes a bit of planning, but it isn't hard to tote a thermal lunchbox when you need to. Take charge of your eating habits--there isn't an easy way out with supplements.

Have you thought of taking more rest days? Sounds like you're pushing yourself very hard. Getting enough sleep/rest is another neglected factor in looking your best. And, of course, you should be drinking lots and lots of water.

Sorry to be so preachy. I want you to feel good about yourself and to resolve the issues you have already identified in a healthy way! Best wishes! Barbara

Hi kristinam!

I just read your post and wanted to respond about the cellulite advice...

After I gave birth to my son, I was extremely dehydrated but, to my absolute amazement, there was not a bit of cellulite anywhere on my legs. Slowly, as I got back to my old self, the cellulite reappeared (damn!)

Anyway, I'm going to follow your example and start on the water kick again and really cut out the sodium. Maybe if my legs looked that way once, they have it in them to do it again...I hope
happy.gif

Hey MicheleS

You'll get there! Just keep visualizing cellulite free legs and most of all, be kind to yourself. It won't happen overnight, but usually it's something about diet that causes the big C. You can cardio until your butt falls off but still have C (the only proof I accept that God might be male). I hope this works for you! If not, don't give up. Keep evaluating your workouts and diet and don't be afraid to talk to your Dr. I thought my DR. would scoff if I brought it up...turns out I really underestimated him. He's been a great help.
Keep up the faith in yourself, your body will follow through! :)

Thanks everyone!

Thank you for your thoughts on cellulite. I am going to start to bring lots o' water with me to work and better snacks for on the go. It is really nice to have people to talk with on issues like this. Thanks for the feedback!!

thanks, again, Kristinam!

Thanks so much for the kind words. Since I've had cellulite since I was about 20, and I'm 31 now, I'm not expecting any miracles. My frustration lies in that I consider myself in great shape, better now than 10 years ago, and it seems like this stuff won't budge. The other day I actually thought it was looking worse instead of better, and that really depressed me! I eat fairly well, have my bad moments (of course), but really want to get serious about the clean eating.

I was doing the FIRM 5-6x a week and just came to Cathe's "camp" about 6 weeks ago. The results I've seen during that time are unbelievable...so I'm hoping that the cellulite might be on its way out!

Thanks again!
Michele

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.