STS series, Xtrain series and new DVD's

Hi,

I am still working with the Xtrain series but start integrating other DVDs during the strenght exercices (To the Max, Afterburn, etc). I am wondering what is the difference with the STS series and the Xtrain. If I have the Xtrain, do I need the STS series?

Thanks

Dany:D

Getting stronger

Hi,

I am training with Cathe's DVDs for a while now and I really enjoy each of them. I have done the Xtrain series, I have a lot of cardio DVDs but I have the impression I have reach a plateau in my strenght. Which DVDs should I work on to become stronger? STS? Hardcore extreme?

Thanks
Dany

Sorry you haven't gotten a reply. I can only give my opinion. I have all of Cathe's strength DVDs and I love them all. I did Xtrain before I did STS and I had significant strength gains just from Xtrain. However, I did STS almost immediately after finishing the 90 day Xtrain rotation (took a recovery week) and I had amazing strength results. I lifted much heavier than I ever thought I could. I attribute this not only to the amazing workouts, but to the fact I did 1RM testing--which I think is vital to getting the gains that the program promises.

So tho they are both excellent programs and I love them both--I got the best strength gains from STS.

I'm getting ready to do round 2 in November.

Hi Dany! STS and XTrain are two totally different types of workout systems. STS is strictly a weight training program which is based on a one rep max concept. Xtrain is a crosstraining concept of weights, cardio and metabolic conditioning (weights/cardio combined in a way to shock the metabolism). Both are very effective programs but each do something very different. If you do STS, then XTrain, and then come back to STS you will be in unstoppable shape. :eek: If you would like more info on our STS program please visit our STS forum right here in our forum listings.

Hi,

I am still working with the Xtrain series but start integrating other DVDs during the strenght exercices (To the Max, Afterburn, etc). I am wondering what is the difference with the STS series and the Xtrain. If I have the Xtrain, do I need the STS series?

Thanks

Dany:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.