STS Leg Modifications

h3h3bebury

I am an ice skater with legs that are much stronger proportionally than my upper body. When doing the 1RM test for STS I used a barbell for the squats as I did not have weights high enough to challenge me in dumbbells. My 1RM for these exercises calculated out to well over 100 lbs. At this point in Meso2 I should be doing squats based on this with 97lbs. The problem is I do not have high enough dumbbells and my wrists also can not handle the higher weight holding dumbbells. But I also do not have a squat rack and can not lift that kind of weight on a bar over my head. Any recommendations on what to do in this instance. During Meso1 I was skating in the morning and working out in the evenings so I had my husband available to lift the weight up and then I got under the bar. But during the summer skating hours are in the evening and I work out in the early morning and do not have my husband available to do that for me.

Ditto on the weighted vest......I have 2 and wear both of them. That's so cool that you are a skater!! I have always been amazed by skill and grace that takes. Not to mention the powerful legs! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.