sts cardio core circuit calories burned

cvfinnegan

In the workout manager the calories burned for this workout is recorded as 363. Is this cogrrect? Ths is a very challenging workout & I feel that this is on the low side for calories burned.

You could be right, I would guess that you would be more around 450 to 480 for that high level output. I'll have to look into it on our end and please be sure to double check the info you entered as well. But for now...keep on CCC-ing with a labored smile on your face :D cuz you know you are burnin' big time....

In the workout manager the calories burned for this workout is recorded as 363. Is this cogrrect? Ths is a very challenging workout & I feel that this is on the low side for calories burned.

Hi there Cathe! I just wanted to say HELLO!!! I'm so glad I caught you on here live this time around. I hope to be a part of your Jersey road trip this year - crossing my fingers - I'm nervous because I won't know anyone, but you there. I wish I could do Disney, but we were just there this past November for Jersey week and hubby is saying "no more airplane tickets!!!" Hahahaha!!!

Have a great and fit day!

Fit TV no more?

Hi, Cathe, I have always followed you on Fit TV, which was a great way to get a workout in before I shuttled my 3 kids off to school and myself to work, but it's not recording anymore...any chance you will post your new cardio core workouts on Fit TV? I have already purchased your DVDs of my faves, but would love to find a version of your newere workouts I can Tivo for lighter days, and buy the full DVDs for longer workout days.

And, the burning question: why did they discontinue your workouts on Fit TV? I told everyone I know about you after they asked how I looked so great. It was a great marketing tool...

Hi Cathe :)

I'm getting ready to do STS for the first time and in the past couple of days of discussing it with my mom (the one who got me in to your workouts and is my daily workout buddy), we've been discussing STS and P90X. Personally, neither of us care very much for the delivery or setup of P90X, but I told her that the concept appealed to me - it has a little bit of everything, not just weights but kenpo, yoga, etc, all designed in one comprehensive program. I know you've explored almost all of these things in your individual DVDs, but I have to confess the concept of an all-in-one system is really appealing.

Have you ever considered putting out your own version of P90X or a similar type of all in one program that involves more than just weight training?

Thanks for reading and I have to tell you I love all 4 of your latest workouts! Please keep up the awesome work with you & the crew, no matter how you do it.

(oh and I've been instructed to ask you - do you happen to know when we'll able to buy your Firewalker bands and sliding lunge discs? Thanks again!)

Last edited:
Cathe,

There is so much debate out there on eating right, do you agree with the 5-6 small meals a day? Also, I have a friend who needs to lose quite a bit of weight and has been looking at fat burners, I have told her my take and she listens but still is looking to buy one, what else can I do to persuade her not to? I love you and your workouts, love the new Intensity so much, thanks for all you do

STS strength

Is it possible for your body to become "used to" STS? I have done it about 6 times, and decided I need to do something different. But I love how there is so much variety. And because its a no brainer, I tend to always go back to it. I really don't like P90x, just because you rotate the same dvds over and over. I've heard how effective it is, and my boys are doing it, but I just can't get into it. I know you're supposed to mix it up, but is that true with the STS program? BTW, I've done the 1rm, but have never really used the info in the workout. If I did use it (the 1rm), would I get more dramatic results?

Hi Cathe! I just did Intensity for the first time yesterday, so much fun!! I'm not sure if it's your high intensity and plyo workouts or the fact that I started swimming again, but I find cardio becoming much smoother and easier. I run 10km a week, do spin, swim, and mix up your high intensity videos every week. I have, however, noticed my back and shoulders have been tighter and causing pain and soreness. Can too much high intensity work be good or bad?

Hi Skatch! As you know swimming targets the back and shoulders pretty aggressively, the biking posture puts a lot of stress on the entire back and running puts a lot of stress on the low back so the fact that you do these and have now added an advanced pylometric work to your program may be a little too much too soon. I suggest putting two days recovery before doing Intensity. I also encourage extra upper body stretching along with a sports massage once every 10 days to release the tension in your upper back/shoulders.

Making these changes should make a big difference. Good Luck!

Hi Cathe! I just did Intensity for the first time yesterday, so much fun!! I'm not sure if it's your high intensity and plyo workouts or the fact that I started swimming again, but I find cardio becoming much smoother and easier. I run 10km a week, do spin, swim, and mix up your high intensity videos every week. I have, however, noticed my back and shoulders have been tighter and causing pain and soreness. Can too much high intensity work be good or bad?

Hi Jackier! Yes, doing the 1RM would get you better results, however, if you are very used to the program after doing it 6 times perhaps a change will be the better thing to do for now (and then return to STS because it is very good for you ). Try doing the Hard Core Series for a month, then the Pure Strength Series for a month, and either go back to STS ....or do one more series for a third month and that would be the 4 Day Split, before going back to STS.

You will love how much stronger and refreshed you fell after going back to STS after this break!

Is it possible for your body to become "used to" STS? I have done it about 6 times, and decided I need to do something different. But I love how there is so much variety. And because its a no brainer, I tend to always go back to it. I really don't like P90x, just because you rotate the same dvds over and over. I've heard how effective it is, and my boys are doing it, but I just can't get into it. I know you're supposed to mix it up, but is that true with the STS program? BTW, I've done the 1rm, but have never really used the info in the workout. If I did use it (the 1rm), would I get more dramatic results?

Hi Sass! Yay, I can't wait to see you at the Jersey Road Trip. We will have a great time full of laughs, workouts, food and friends. So many people are nervous on their first trip. It's natural to be but I PROMISE it goes away very fast. If you read our Road trip forums you will find many threads on people who were nervous for their first trip and you will see the countless replies of other previous road trip attendees assuring them how relaxed they will feel after having gone through this themselves.

Can't wait to give you a Jersey Hug! :D

Hi there Cathe! I just wanted to say HELLO!!! I'm so glad I caught you on here live this time around. I hope to be a part of your Jersey road trip this year - crossing my fingers - I'm nervous because I won't know anyone, but you there. I wish I could do Disney, but we were just there this past November for Jersey week and hubby is saying "no more airplane tickets!!!" Hahahaha!!!

Sass - I plan on attending the New Jersey trip too, and I'm in the same boat - the only person I will know is Cathe too! I'm a little nervous too, but I'm sure all the other Cathletes are super friendly! Hope to have a chance to meet you there! :D

Hi Suzannerachel! Thank you for your long time support on Fit TV. The channel has obviously undergone some restructuring and the executives are being very quiet as to what their plans are. The following article is the latest posted. I have no idea if I am going to be included in their morning line up but if I were, I am sure they will just use my old shows they have been airing in the past. It does not appear they are looking for new content from their old time FIT TV regulars at this time.

[FONT=&quot]Shows from the former Discovery Health (recently replaced by Oprah's OWN Network) will be added to the channel's lineup along with new series and specials.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NEW YORK - Discovery Communications will next month rebrand its FitTV network under the new name Discovery Fit & Health.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The change as of Feb. 1 will allow some of the shows of Discovery Health, which was recently discontinued to make way for OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network, a joint venture of Winfrey and Discovery, to move to the rebranded channel.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The company said the rebranded channel, available in approximately 50 million homes, will combine "the most compelling real-life stories of Discovery Health with the audience-favorite fitness programming of FitTV."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Content will include forensic mysteries, medical stories, emergency room trauma dramas, baby and pregnancy programming, parenting challenges and stories of extreme life conditions, plus a new slate of series and specials.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Discovery Fit & Health has the unique benefit of drawing upon the best attributes of established brands with active, engaged audiences," said president and general manager Laura Michalchyshyn. "This network will speak to viewers in a way that is both credible and compelling, offering unforgettable stories, authentic experts and engrossing, high-stakes circumstances."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Among the Discovery Health franchises on the network are Dr. G: Medical Examiner and I’m Pregnant And…, 911: The Bronx and Untold Stories of the ER.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Early mornings will offer FitTV workout shows, such as Bodies In Motion, Namaste Yoga and Shimmy.
[/FONT]

Hi, Cathe, I have always followed you on Fit TV, which was a great way to get a workout in before I shuttled my 3 kids off to school and myself to work, but it's not recording anymore...any chance you will post your new cardio core workouts on Fit TV? I have already purchased your DVDs of my faves, but would love to find a version of your newere workouts I can Tivo for lighter days, and buy the full DVDs for longer workout days.

And, the burning question: why did they discontinue your workouts on Fit TV? I told everyone I know about you after they asked how I looked so great. It was a great marketing tool...

Hi Roselyn!

Yes, I think eating 5 to 6 small meals (or even 4 to 5) is a good thing for keeping your blood sugar regulated and keeping your body's metabolism on a more even keel. But it isn't always practical for everyone's lifestyle and therefore may not be possible. So the main thing to do is to know how many calories you can have per day in order to lose, maintain, (and who knows maybe a person even wants to gain weight) and divide those calories into the amount of meals you can realistically fit into your day.

Fat burners are dangerous quick fixes that stimulate your metabolism. I say dangerous because they can become addictive in the process. They can also interfere with medications (especially thyroid meds) and cause serious side effects. Also alarming is the fact that they can stress your adrenal support system and even shut down in total exhaustion if over stimulated from the fat burner. These scenerios are all quite dangerous and can cause your body's metabolism to completely malfunction and put you at risk for not only gaining even more weight when attempting to get off of these products but wreaking havoc on your emotional and physical well being.

Trust me, there is no magic pill/drink/food because if there was it would be breakthrough news and at the top of the headlines for weeks and weeks with no end in sight.

I wish you and your friend luck in your health and fitness journey :D

Cathe,

There is so much debate out there on eating right, do you agree with the 5-6 small meals a day? Also, I have a friend who needs to lose quite a bit of weight and has been looking at fat burners, I have told her my take and she listens but still is looking to buy one, what else can I do to persuade her not to? I love you and your workouts, love the new Intensity so much, thanks for all you do

Hi cathe. Thanks for taking the time to respond to the calories burned for CCC. I do ur workouts just about every day& love the challenge. I feel the calorie output us higher& that's good to know.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.