Is STS for all fitness levels?

goalseeker

Hi Cathe,
I am considering buying STS but I don't know if it will be way too advanced for me. I am 49 year old female that weighs 225 lbs. down from 240. I have been slowly losing weight and doing various beginner/int. exercise videos. I really need to build some muscle. I love your STS DVD previews but they are very intimidating. Do you think that someone like me could do or attempt to do STS using modifications?

Thank you for your help,
Cheryl

Not Cathe here - but - yes, I think you can take on the challenge of STS. But, I suggest that you do all the One Rep Max testing first. You may find that you will need to invest in some dumbells, plate mates, or something that will let you increase weight incrementally.

The One Rep Max testing is the key to getting the most from STS, and that is what makes it doable for all fitness levels - you don't have to go as heavy as Cathe!! I would also suggest making sure you have either the book or use the Workout Manager Calendar (it's free) so you know what weight level you will need for each exercise and that you can refer and/or make notes about as you go along.

You will be amazed at the results you see and the strength you gain by using the program as it is set up. You will feel spectacular!

Hi Cheryl! Congrat's on our accomplishments. Way to work it :) If you have a basic understanding of weight training and can follow along with good form and technique, then this program will be doable for you. You can either find your one rep max and give the program your maximum effort or try a less advanced, but possibly a more welcoming approach for you at this time, which would be to do the whole program with a challenging (but not maxed out weight) just to get acclimated and conditioned (but second time around go for the one rep max testing to get your best results).

You may find Meso One a bit too fast paced as it IS purposely very fast paced for even the seasoned exerciser, but don't let the pace intimidate you. Go slower and at a pace you can handle (how many times am I going to say the word pace :D) . Stop when we stop, even if you did half the amount of reps, and then move on to the next exercise right along with us. If I have gotten a piece of equipment before you got yours, pause your player until you are set up....but move quickly as this is the key to this mesocycle. Then unpause and go!

Have fun with the program if you decide to get it and continue to ask me questions if you have any! :)

Hi Cathe,
I am considering buying STS but I don't know if it will be way too advanced for me. I am 49 year old female that weighs 225 lbs. down from 240. I have been slowly losing weight and doing various beginner/int. exercise videos. I really need to build some muscle. I love your STS DVD previews but they are very intimidating. Do you think that someone like me could do or attempt to do STS using modifications?

Thank you for your help,
Cheryl

Hi Cheryl - congratulations on your weight loss. I hope you decide to get STS; I, too, have to modify somewhat because my fitness level is not where it should be, but it feels good to have done my best. Let us know if you do decide to get STS. Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.