STS 6.5 month rotation: Active Recovery Weeks

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

After attempting the STS 3.5 month rotation unsuccessfully over the summer, I've come back to try again. I am now in week 4/meso 1 of the STS 6.5 month program and loving it!:) The rotation doesn't call for an active recovery week until all of Meso 1 is completed. That's another month away and quite frankly, I don't know if I can make it. I am loving the rotation and getting results already but I am getting tired and could use the break soon. If I were to take an active recovery week between weeks 4 and 5 and then again at the end of meso 1 do you think that would have any negative affect on the results I will get from the program? I'm thinking it won't but I wanted to check with the expert just incase! ;)

TIA~
Wendy

Last edited:
Not at all Wendy, in fact I encourage it. My bad if it isn't written in there to take a recovery week off after the fourth week. Going 8 weeks straight without any recovery is pretty demanding. Good for you for listening to your body and asking the right questions to honor it!

Hi Cathe,

After attempting the STS 3.5 month rotation unsuccessfully over the summer, I've come back to try again. I am now in week 4/meso 1 of the STS 6.5 month program and loving it!:) The rotation doesn't call for an active recovery week until all of Meso 1 is completed. That's another month away and quite frankly, I don't know if I can make it. I am loving the rotation and getting results already but I am getting tired and could use the break soon. If I were to take an active recovery week between weeks 4 and 5 and then again at the end of meso 1 do you think that would have any negative affect on the results I will get from the program? I'm thinking it won't but I wanted to check with the expert just incase! ;)

TIA~
Wendy

Hi Cathe!

LOL! I had just talked myself into NOT taking the active recovery week when I saw this! Thanks for responding. I'll be taking that recovery week now. ;)

Thanks for answering this question, Cathe! I am just starting my fourth round of STS and this time I decided to do the 5 1/2 month rotation for the first time. I am on week 3 and have been wondering what I should do about my rest week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.