strength training in bodymax

rmdick

Does the last half of bodymax with weights "count" as strength training? I know it's more endurance but also seems to be strength training and I wondered if those muscles should be rested the following day? Thanks.

YES!!!

I don't know about you but I consider Body Max to be heavy weight training and I definitely need to give my muscles a rest the next day. I also think that even if your weight work is for endurance (as opposed to building strength or muscle mass), it's still strength training and therefore requires a day of rest in between. Hope this helps! I love the upper body work in this video!

Caroline

I consider it a light strenth workout, and I would rest too, but only for a day. I don't really get sore from this one, so I don't really need more.
Cari

I agree with Cari. It seems pretty light to me too.And I would rest for only one day. Sometimes I rewind it and do it twice. Then I'll rest for two days. So I guess the real answer is that it depends on your personal strength level how long you rest. But it would always "count." Jeanne

I did BodyMax Sunday and my body trembled all afternoon from the resulting depletion of it's stored energy! Oh yes, it's strength training and you deserve a day of rest! I did it as a third day of strength training and I must say WOW to the woman who rewind it and do it twice! My family would find me unconscious in a puddle of sweat if I even attempted that! :D

Bobbi

It's not clear to me what everyone means by "rest one day". Does that mean 24 hours, or 48 hours? I'd definitely leave a day of rest (ie: 48 hours off) between Body max and another strength training session. But, if you use really light weights you could do another routine the next day (but then, what's the use of doing bodymax?

Kathryn I'm glad you asked.

I wasn't sure what they ment either. I usually leave 48 hours any time I do type of strength.

Dawn W

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.