Strength or Endurance

SandieC

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-11-01 AT 05:01PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Cathe

Firstly, thank you for producing such motivating and fun videos. Thanks to your videos this is the first time in my life that I have committed and actually stuck to a fitness program for any length of time!

My primary goal at the moment is to lose weight (about 40 pounds), and wanted to know what sort of weight training I should be following to help me achieve my goal. Should I be going for light weight and higher reps or slow and heavy.
I currently use MIS in my rotation, and have preordered Power Hour. Are these good choices for my objective?

My thighs and butt are my major problem area. Which video would be most effective for sliming them down - PS SLA or CTX LL. Aimee very kindly told me her experience using the 2 over in the video discussion forum, and I appreciate that diet and genetics play a role.

Another question - I don't currently follow a rotation in the strictest sense eg. do MIS or something else for a 6 week rotation. What I do is make sure that I do cardio & strength on Mon, Wed, Fri; and do only cardio Tues, Thurs, Sat. I vary the cardio and strength from workout to workout. Would it be more beneficial for me to stick one set of workouts for a 6 week period?

Sorry to be so long winded.

Have a great day

Thanks again

Sandra

Hi Sandra!! Yep, it's me again. I feel the need to give my unsolicated advice;-). I don't know what videos you have exactly, but I have been having great results doing a endurance rotation. I always seem to lose fat doing this. It is kinda' hard, but my weight has gone down. I use MIS, BodyMax, PowerMax, MIC,CircutMax, and IMAX. I didn't start doing rotations until last fall. In fact I followed (pretty much still do) the same format as you. Just because you're not doing the same videos over and over each week doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong. Some people like rotations, some don't. In fact as soon as I'm done with my MAX rotation, I may just do whatever I want until the new videos arrive:)!
Anyway, I hope Cathe gets to answer this for you. She gives great advice, and you're right, her videos are motivating and fun and IMHO the best there possibly is!!
Good luck and keep up the good work!!

Aimee

Hi Aimee

Your unsolicited advice is more than welcome :7 Please keep it coming!

I have all the videos you mentioned except MIC. I might try that rotation soon. Do you think that I should hold off ordering the PS series and pre-ordering the Slow & Heavy series until I've lost more weight?

Thanks for your help - it is greatly appreciated.

Sandra

p.s. I love your name and the spelling!

Thanks for the compliment:)! Actually, no I don't think you should hold off ordering them. Even If you decide to do the higher intensity videos right now, after 6-12 weeks your body should be pretty used to them, by that time you can you'll have PS and S&H and simulate your body in a different way to help avoid a platue(sp?). You also said your were ordering Power Hour too right? If you do a Max rotation now,then switch to the heavier tapes later, then if you want, after so long you can do a rotation including BodyMax, PH, and MIS:)! Actually, what I'm doing now is bouncing around my ideas of how I want to work in the new tapes once they come. So what do you think? Are you also getting Rythmic Step?? That would fit in nicely with the BM, PH, and MIS.
Ok, there's my 2 cents on the heavier vids. If you want, tell me what you think of my ideas. Thanks again for the compliment!!

Aimee

I think that Cathe should have a new forum on her site - "Ask Aimee". You are full of great advice! Your input is definitely worth more than 2 cents.

I have pre-ordered Rythmic step, so that will certainly be something to look forward to.

By the way did you mention that you teach classes - what do you teach and how often. Also what competition are you bound for?

Thanks again

Sandra

Thanks:)!!! I'm glad I could help! Right now, I have the summer off from teaching classes. I coach t-ball and help coach my husband's and brother's two baseball teams. We have ball games 6 days a week, pretty much, so I always take the summer off. I teach Urban Rebounding with a little bit of kickbox and BodyPump. It really all depends on when my boss needs me as to how much I teach. Usually in the fall I teach 2 nights a week. Around New Year's it gets bumped to 3 days a week. And usually around April (that's when a lot of clients go out of the country), it gets cut back to one day a week.
Right now, my goal is to enter a fitness contest. Namely, Fitness America. Although, there is a new one out call Figure. I'm pretty interested in that one too. One day i'm just going to have to take the plunge and enter in. I just never feel I'm in good enough shape. Ahhhh...... one day.
Ok, I'm must go exercise!! Good Luck!! And Thanks again!!

Aimee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.