Strength Advice...

Stacy

Cathlete
Hi Cathe, hope you are feeling well these days. I had a question regarding strength training days, especially those days I use MIS or Power Hour. While doing either of these tapes the weight I use doesnt seem all that challenging during the workout, but a day or two later my muscles are definitely feeling the workout. So I'm a little confused about when to increase the weight. Should I increase the weight so that I'm feeling fatigued during my workout with the possibility that I may be way too sore in the following day or two, OR increase my weight after I've reached a point where I'm not sore the day or two following these workouts??

Thanks,

Stacy

P.S. Got any names for the new arrival picked out yet??

Hi Stacy! If your sore muscles are directly related to this workout and not because of a combination of other things that you did with it, then you can stay with the weight that you currently have(be sure to keep excellent form thoughout the workout). But it probably won't be too long before this delayed soreness starts to dissipate. At that point I would aim to find a weight that is challenging for each exercise during the course of the workout. Good Luck, and btw, no names yet :)!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.