Split stance

elizabeth love

Hi Cathe -

I did Power Hour for the first time last night - wow!! I love it! However, I did not feel very comfortable in the split stance used for some of the upper body work - I didn't feel very balanced, and it also made me feel like I was favoring one side over another (even though I tried switching legs in the middle). Does the split stance have any benefit over a 'regular' stance (feet shoulder length apart, knees slightly bent)? I switched back to a regular stance in the middle of the tape and felt a lot more comfortable. However, if there is benefit in doing the split stance I will most certainly work on it.

Thanks in advance, and thanks again for another super strength workout!!

Elizabeth

ps - Congrats on your pregnancy! :)

Forgive me for horning in, but I think that the split stance is just to help keep us from using our bodies to "hoist" the weight up. The split stance makes it tougher to accidentally cheat. I bet if you don't do the split stance, and just make sure you don't use your body to swing that weight up, you'll be fine.

Veronica

Hi Elizabeth! Veronica is 100 percent correct (thanks:)). Comfort comes first. So if you keep great form with the posture of choice then do that. I personally felt a little off balance when I was first started assuming this stance. But knowing that it was helpful to reduce momentum I stuck with it. Funny, but now I almost can't do bicep curls with any other stance. Good luck and keep working hard!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.