Space Limitations...HELP

Aspen

I'm a very recent Cathe convert. After listening to my fellow Firm partners sing the Cathe anthem for a couple of years, I was still hesitant to try your workouts. I'm not a huge step fan, and I will admit that I was enjoying my Firm rut.

That all changed when I recieved Cardio Kicks as a gift from a friend of mine.

I just LOVE it!!!! It is the most incredibly fun and exhausting cardio workout I've ever done. Oh, I'm addicted, now, and I want to try more of your "stuff."

I live in a very small, but very much-loved, apartment. My living room is my workout room, and I do not have enough space for most of the Cathe step workouts that I previewed here on your site. What other workouts do you have that would fit in a relatively small space or that could be easily modified to work in my confined workout area?

Thanks a bunch,
Aspen

Hi Aspen!

What are the dimensions of the space you have available? I have my step on a 8 x 6 foot mat, and I don't go off the mat for any of the tapes I have. There are some moves in some tapes where you do a hop on the corner of the step, turn and walk away from the tv and do a step insole on the floor, but I just don't do that.

Let us know the size of the area you have, and we'll see if we can help.

Veronica

The Size of My Space...

Thanks, Veronica!!

I have about 6.5 feet of "front to back space." That's the space between my couch and the television. Now...keep in mind that at one end of the 6.5', my legs are hitting the couch and at the other end of that 6.5', my face is on the screen of the tv.

My "side-to-side" space is more flexible at about 8 feet.

Cardio kicks was a little difficult. I had to modify when the group did any traveling. I don't mind modification as long as the workout doesn't lose intensity for me because of it.

Thanks for the help!

RE: The Size of My Space...

I have the following cardio videos, all of which I can do in my space. Of the ones I have, Cardio Kicks by far takes up the most space. I have to do the most modifying because of lack-of-space with that one, too.

I have Cardio Kicks, Step Jam, Step Heat, PowerMax, Step Works, Step Fit, the Wedding Video, and Bodymax. I don't do Step Fit often, so I can't comment on it, but the rest I do a lot! In Step Works, and I think in the BodyMax cardio section, Cathe has you propel off the step,turn and walk to the back of the room, and do something like a step insole. I'll just do what she calls in PM a step skip, which doesn't take up as much room, or I will do the step insole from corner to corner. (Boy, if you can make heads or tails out of this, good for you. I am not explaining very well). What I am trying to say is that of the tapes I mentioned, I think you will do fine with the space you have, because you do have space on all sides of the step, just not a lot. Maybe some of her other tapes take more space, but these are the ones that I have that I think you'll be ok with. If you previewed a particular video that you have concerns with, let me know which one, and I will tell you if and how I modify it. But I can tell you that even if you have to modify a bit, these are great workouts and you won't be sacrificing intensity.

Veronica

I have all of Cathe's tapes and do them in my living room. I have a fair amount of space from front to back but only about 1 to 2 feet beside my step on either side. I can do all of Cathe's videos in there but just modify on a few things. It does not really detract from the video and my intensity stays the same with the modifications. It is fairly easy to come with modifications so you just need to try a video and see what you come up with that works for you. Hope this helps at least a little!

Kelly

A hint...when I used to work out in my living room, I would sometimes set up my set diagonlly to the TV. It did give me a little more room. Then I could grapevine into the hallway if I had to!

Let's not forget about Interval Max!! And, all of her strength tapes too!! Plenty of room for all of these! Oh, yeah and Circuit Max too....

:)

Stacy

HB, I have a mental picture of you merrily grapevining into your hallway...so cute! :)
Every single time I workout I have to move the (heavy) coffee table out of the living room, & then move two couches & a large stuffed chair back as far as they will go! I figure it counts as part of my warmup! LOL
Ruth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.