Sore!

Hi Cathe,
Say 3 STS- Legs, has left me sore sore sore! I did it Friday and am still hobbling around. Any suggestions on how to excelerate the healing?
Thanks for the wonderful workouts! I am really enjoying them! I have workout ADD- so the variety is awesome! I just rotate in my other Cathe videos for cardio (God knows I have a lot)... LOVE IT!:D

Hi Cathe, how long is your recovery period for weight training? Do you take a few days off (say a week) after working out for let's say 2-3 months? Is this beneficial?

Sure Lisa! If you have a foam roller use that. If you have access to a jacuzzi or dry sauna use that. Any of these options should be followed by a light stetch session.

If you do not have the above, take two Ibuprofin, a very warm epsom salt bath and do gentle stretching right after the bath while muscles are still warm. This should help and you should feel better by the next day. Luckily you'll rarely get THAT sore after the first time.

Embarassed!

It so wierd- its not like I dont work out or something! But- I sure "went for it" and went deep in every move. Maybe that is why?
We have a Jacuzzi- so Ill hop in there tonight- Ill probably need to soak my upper body after todays STS Day 4! Ill be in there up to my neck! :)
Sure wished I lived near your gym.. althoug it is sunny and 64 degrees here today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.