SNM two workouts on one DVD

cmoroney

Cathlete
I wanted to thank you and Cathe so much for putting this new series onto 2 discs instead of four. That is what I wanted on the last series. I absolutely LOVE Cathe's latest series, but I would have loved it more with all the premix options.

I thought Cathe's BLAST series was her best in regards to premixes with about 22 premixes per DVD. I still use that series quite a bit, since the premixes seem to be endless.

I hope you consider doing all the rest of her workouts in this format. I think $30 per DVD is quite reasonable, I would pay full price. The workout descriptions sound phenomenal!

Thank you once again!

Cheryl

This time it just made sense to put two workouts on the same disc because of the unique premixes opportunities and because this is really a workout program and not just individual workouts.

Though in this case it made sense to put more than 1 title on a disc, normally it does not. Consumers strangely enough look at the total price of a DVD, not what is on it. A DVD disc only cost a few pennies; it is what is on it that cost the money.

Since our new DVDs contain 4 titles the actual price per workout is only $14.99. When you combine the fact that putting multiple titles on the same disc should only enhance the value to the consumer you would think customers would value the multiple titled discs more than they do the single title discs. Our past experience proves otherwise. Sometimes this is true because the customer only wants one title on the disc, while other times they just seem not do the math. We wrestled with whether we should have released the new DVDs on individual discs or as we finally decided multiple titles per disc. We honestly felt the smarter business decision would have been to choose the individual title route as this would have resulted in a lower price per disc, but a higher total price. Thus, more sales and more money for us. But in the end we strongly felt that multiple titles were the way to go despite the apparent economic disadvantages.

SNM, I sense from your wording that you don't think much of your customers. Some of us are actually quite bright, believe it or not.

>SNM, I sense from your wording that you don't think much of
>your customers. Some of us are actually quite bright, believe
>it or not.

:eek: I didn't get that at all from their answer. I think their answer reflected just how much thought they put into this decision based on their customer feedback.

jordan

Hi JanC,

The exact opposite is true and I’m not sure how you came to that conclusion that we doubt the intelligence of our customers. Remember, we’re the company that refers to its customers “as the educated crowd”. I simply pointed out that many consumers do not do the math when comparing our product to others; i.e., they don’t take the total price and divide by the number of titles. I never said that they are not capable of doing so.

Some customers also don’t consider other factors sometimes like premixes, length of a workout, more costly video sets and more expensive music in comparing different DVDs. This is really the only way to fairly compare two different DVDs, but in the very least you need to compute the cost per title, not cost per disc.
:)

>it or not.

Since I have already seen comments that these DVDs are more expensive, then a normal work-out DVD, I think SNM has read the public correctly. I have seen on forums quite a few comments that Cathe should not charge 30.00 for a work-out. When that gets posted, then lots of people dive in and accept it as fact instead of really looking at what they are getting.

I like the format, love CTX and the ability to switch around on those two DVDs and am looking forward to this format and the premixes.

Add me to the list of people who LOVE having multiple workouts on one DVD. It adds SO MUCH value to the workouts.

THANKS CATHE AND SNM!!!:7

I appreciate your choice of workout formats. Muliple workouts on fewer discs are space friendly and eco friendly. And thank you for the pre-sale prices. I am constantly amazed at how considerate you are of your customers.

Cheryl

>it or not.

I realize we're the "educated crowd", but I tend to agree with the tone of the wording...it does seem to talk down to us.

That said, I have no problem with being able to figure out the amount of data (workouts and options) per dvd.

There's a saying about not being able to hear the gist of a message because the tone is all you're hearing....

I really don't have a preference for how the workouts are put on the discs, but.....

I had to comment on the extremely thin skin on some of the posters here! Some folks must go out of their way to find the "bad" in a situation. Why jump to conclusions and assign motive?

Strange.

Another problem with posting comments (regardless of the content) is that they can be misunderstood. This is the problem with writing anything as one cannot see the other person's body language to determine what really is being said.

I truly applaud SNM listening to their customer base and really incorporating those comments into their product. I personally am glad for just 2 DVDs instead of 4 as I'm running out of space in my bookcase. :7

Lorrayne

You know- I always knew that was the reason you didn't do more series with multiple titles on a disc. But I still love them!! That said I know sometimes I can't afford to spend $50.00 all at once on workouts either (even if I am getting LOTS of workouts and the value is excellent- which is always is) or at least I can't justify that to my husband (ha ha).

Maybe someday you will release some different premix options utilizing lots of different workouts in the catalog to satisfy those of us who really do love having those options! Maybe during a downtime in filming or something. I absolutely LOVE the Terminator DVD and would love more like it.

Thanks for everything, Cathe and SMN! I'm a lifetime fan and much healthier for having found you in 1996!

Denise

There is no way to make a premix that will combine all 4 cardio sections as the disc simply would not have enough free space to do this. But each disc will have a premix or premixes that in some way will combine the two cardio sections on each disc.We plan on a cardio only premix having both cardio sections followed by a stretch and another premix in which you will have both cardio sections followed by strength training. Is this what you mean?

Well said Lorrayne! It's so difficult if not IMPOSSIBLE to get the intended tone of a message and that results in so many misunderstandings. But, if you're looking for negativity, you'll always find it.

Carolyn

Yes - it sounds like the cardio pre-mixes you describe are what I was looking for. (Not that it mattered b/c I already pre-ordered as I always do when Cathe is making new dvds!). I was just hoping to get a long all-cardio workout out of the new dvds, sort of like the older "all-step" workouts (mega step, power max, rhythmic step, step blast, step heat, etc). :)
Thanks SNM.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.