SNM - Forum question

In other forums that I belong to there is a feature where if you post a thread or reply in one you get an email that says someone replied to your thread. Is that possible here? It would be so helpful with certain threads in areas of the forum that aren't frequented.

Just wondering.
Thanks!

In other forums that I belong to there is a feature where if you post a thread or reply in one you get an email that says someone replied to your thread. Is that possible here? It would be so helpful with certain threads in areas of the forum that aren't frequented.

Just wondering.
Thanks!

When you post a message, you can check "subscribe to this topic to receive email notification when a new message is submitted" at the bottom of the page. You can only subscribe through posting.

HTH

When you post a message, you can check "subscribe to this topic to receive email notification when a new message is submitted" at the bottom of the page. You can only subscribe through posting.

HTH

Are you sure that you can only subscribe through posting? At the top of the page when a topic is open there is a "subscribe to this topic" that you can click on. I am not sure if it does what she is looking for though.

Are you sure that you can only subscribe through posting? At the top of the page when a topic is open there is a "subscribe to this topic" that you can click on. I am not sure if it does what she is looking for though.

No you don't have to post to subscribe or unsubscribe - you can use the button at the top (always surprises me when folks post a notice that they're unsubscribing). But no, I don't think that does what she's asking. All that does is give you a notice that someone has posted a response - though if you cut and paste the URL in the notice, it will take you to the specific thread. But in many forums when you get a notice of a reply, the actual thread is named - not just the URL.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

I'll be walking the Komen 3-day (60 miles) the week after Cathe's RT. To view my webpage go to: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=202302&supid=166016627

No you don't have to post to subscribe or unsubscribe - you can use the button at the top (always surprises me when folks post a notice that they're unsubscribing). But no, I don't think that does what she's asking. All that does is give you a notice that someone has posted a response - though if you cut and paste the URL in the notice, it will take you to the specific thread. But in many forums when you get a notice of a reply, the actual thread is named - not just the URL.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

I'll be walking the Komen 3-day (60 miles) the week after Cathe's RT. To view my webpage go to: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=202302&supid=166016627

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.