For: SNM - Cathe Catalog Proof

run_to_step

Cathlete
I know this comes a bit late, and maybe can be used for future reference, but I wanted to list a few consistency problems I see in the catalog. I didn't have a chance to proof when you asked before, sorry!

These are purely CONSISTENCY issues (not sure if you care):

1) On KPC and L&G page under KPC + L&G premixes: "Kickbox" is constantly being switched back and forth between "Kickbox" as one word and "Kick Box" as two.

2) Same page premix #20: "drills PLUS Kickbox" has "Plus" spelled out when all other times plus is indicated with "+". (This may be occurring other areas.)

3) Same page premix #15 and #17: One has ankle weights in (paranthesis) and one does not.

4) Same page on premix #5 and #7: one pluralizes Combo and one does not, but both list 2 combos after the word (premix #6 seems accurate).

5) On BBS: Timesave page, under Timesaver #3, bullet three, biceps/core: the j and p on Jump and Pump are not capitalized but in all other parts of the list they are

This is what I ran across while browsing these two pages. I think you will add a level of professionalism if you go through to make the catalog more consistent. And there was one non consistent error I found, when looking really quickly.

1) On Low Max and twice on Imax 3 page, the narrative towards the bottom says , "The combo's are broken down with just" and "the 32-count step combo's will" and "longer than the step comob's themselves.".....combo's should not be possessive here, and should say just combos without the apostrophe.

The more I keep reading the more I see this apostrophe error...now on page 20 as well.
I am not sure if this is helpful, but I think it is worth considering if you do another print.

Another item I found is the Hardcore 11-pack bundle on page 16 is rated as intermediate instead of advanced.

Hi Cathe!

I found this error:

Combo's as used in the catalog is gramatically incorrect. Combo's shows possession of something.

The correct use of the plural noun is combos.

Gosh, I hope this makes sense!

Cheers!

Amy

:)

I was surprised at the list of "common abbreviations." There are some listed that I've never seen used by anyone (ie: IS3) and others that ARE commonly used that aren't listed (PUB/PLB). Also, I've never seen CKCM, but rather CK/CM (the same with all DVD's that contian multiple workouts).

Another request for future catalogs (and DVD covers): in addition to listing the time breakdown of various parts of a workout, please list total time as well (we could do the math, of course, but it would be faster not to have to!).

TIA

I haven't received a catalog :( :( :( , but it has been reported that the time breakdown for Muscle Max is wrong.

jordan

Jordan is right.

I noticed that time breakdowns are not consistent.

For example, the extra footage from Butts and Guts is not broken down into how long they last, yet the bonus cardio from Body Max 2 gives the time for the extra cardio.

Cheers!

Amy

I wanted to make one additional comment. I think everyone at SNM involved in this project should really be proud of themselves. You ALL did an OUTSTANDING JOB in this project! The catalog is amazing and a work of art! Congrats!!!! :)

Lorrayne

I want to second Lorrayne's comment. The catalog is a work of art and is more than just a catalog to me -- it is more like an encyclopedia of Cathe workouts.

Sure, there may be a few things that need tweaking, but this catalog is the result of some long, hard work.

My comments were not meant to be anything more than helpful.

I still have the 2001 catalog - which may have been the last catalog by Cathe since then.

While the 2001 catalog was good, the new catalog is fantastic.

This catalog takes Cathe's quality to a new level.

I can't think of another fitness catalog, including Collage, that comes close to the one done by Cathe Dot Com.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.