should I get Gym Style or wait for new workouts

darine

Cathlete
Hi (Hopefully Cathe would help, if not, anyone plz)

I use Double upper body Premix in Body Max 2 and Butts and Guts for my weights workouts. I am just starting weight training and I really enjoy it.

I am attracted to Gym Style " Back, shoulders, Biceps" and "Chest and Triceps" since they seem to focus more on specific muscles, rather than the premix in body max 2, which is a general upper body workout. I wouldn't get the Leg workout since Butts and Guts seems to be perfect for a good lower body workout (or do you suggest the leg workout?).

However, I see that a new workout (Three day split, heavy weight style workout) will be out soon. I am hesitating to wait (since new is always more exciting and I will have the latest verion) or they are not the same as gym style?

Thank you for your help

PS To Cathe
Just to let you know, I also have Low Impact, Stretch Max and love to do the whole Body Max 2, but the premix of double upper body is great.... I am just in love with your workouts. I never thought I would be looking forward for a workout. Tomorrow, I am only doing cardio, since I did enough weights this week and I will be doing scrambeled eggs in Body max 2... and I am excited because it's a great premix also. Thx Cathe!

Not Cathe, but you can never go wrong with the GS series. They have great music, great premixes, and work you hard. It is always nice to have a variety of workouts in order to beat fitness plateaus, as well as to challenge your body in new ways (I am sure Cathe is coming up with new exercises in her series). GS Chest and Triceps is exceptionally challenging when you first start (lots of push-ups), but you will gain a lot of strength and muscle with this workout. GS legs is also a good one to purchase to alternate with the Butts and Guts workout. Variety is the key to overcoming fitness slumps and boredom. HTH:) Good luck in whatever decision you make!

hi there - not ccathe, but....

i "caved" and got gym styles 3 weeks ago and have done just them with 1 total body workout as well each week for 3 weeks. my legs already look different, upper body is stronger, and i really really enjoy them! i too wanted to wait for the new dvds, but these are well worth having in your collection. prior to the gym styles i did mainly the pyramids, me, drillmax, and bm2 double upper body. this is a great change

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.