Rythmic Step questions

kathryn

Cathlete
Cathe, I just did rythmic step for the first time, and I love it! (Though my brain got only 93% of the moves, and my body only 85% ;-)) I do have two questions:
The "triple around the bench" move just doesn't work for me (big feet? slow feet? space?), and I'm looking for an alternative that would be just as fun, and put me in the same place the rest of the "class" is when I'm done.
Second question, which has been answered before, perhaps: what brand/style are those cool bootleg pants you're all wearing?

For your amusement: As you may know, people often hear not what is said, but what they expect to hear or what circumstances prepare them to hear. Well, at the end of the workout, before the cooldown, I know from hindsight (hind-hearing?) that you said "now get a light sip of water", but I swear I heard "now get a life supporter"--shows you what condition I was in! ;-)
Thanks again for putting out some of the best workout around! I'm looking forward to power hour and slow and heavy!

Hi, I also have modified a moves in Rhthymic Step, one being the triples around the bench. I dont know how you'd rate the fun factor but it definitely will keep you with the "class". I simply either do 4 jumping jacks or 2 plyo jacks.

:) Stacy

Hi Kathryn! So glad to hear that you are doing so well with Rhythmic Step.

Oh and BTW, I WAS saying "get a life supporter".......JUST KIDDING. But that was very cute and I will share that comment with my class on our next water break, too funny!

I don't know if you have any of my other videos but there are quite a few moves that have a fun feeling to them that you can insert quite nicely in there. I will list them and if you do not know the moves, I will be back on tonight or tomorrow and breakdown the moves for you if you don't know them. They are:

1) Rebound Repeater (two knee repeater and rebound back)

2) Two knee Repeater, down tap and two scissors

3) Step kick down down mambo back and cha cha forward

4) Step knee back it up kick on 6 and walk forward. If you are into kickbox, you can make that kick on 6 a powerful kick.

5) Step knee tap the outside of your board (and do a ball change rather than a plain down tap). This move would need to be done twice to stay with the same time frame that we are on.

I hope that is enough variety, I know there are more options but lets see if you like any of those first.

As for our pants in the videos, they are by Hotskins and called the Contrast Flare Pant. They are all cotton and very comfortable. My only complaint is that they fade quite fast to a charcoal black vs true black. Here is a link if you are interested. When you click here it will take you right to those pants. Just letting you know ahead of time that the black seam that you see running down all of the bright colored pants is not visible on the black (thats why I liked them). Good luck and keep up the hard work!

http://www.hotskins.com/cgi-bin/shop/page.cgi?Abbreviation=hscontrast

Thanks for the quick answer! Maybe I'll throw in ALL the variations at some point or another in the workout!

Thanks Stacy!
I hadn't thought of moves so differnt from the triple around, but I like the idea. I'll give it a try next time I do the workout!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.