Running and STS leg workout...

grad2010

Cathlete
Hello, Cathe or anyone else who can answer this question for me. I am currently doing the STS plan (3month) and running. I started Meso 2 this week and I did the leg workouts, my legs are extremely sore, I can hardly walk or sit. I did the leg workout this past Thursday, giving myself a few days before I run/walk which is today. Today is my long run, 6miles, and it was hard. My legs were a little sore and I had a difficult time completing my workout. I did finish and now that I am home, 4hours later, my legs feel like jello and again I can't sit or squat and I move sloooow. My question is should I even do the leg workouts if I am running during the week? I thought that giving myself at least 2 days between the leg workout and running, that I would be fine. I didnt have this problem with Meso 1, I ran/walk just fine during the week, but in this Meso 2, my legs are really feeling it. It is not a hurt pain, but a very sore pain. Will I have the same problem in Meso 3 when it comes to legs? Just looking for some advice.

I had the same issue when I was training a yr ago for a 65 mile mtn bike race. It really mucked with my cycling so I just left out the leg workouts. I did do the floorwork rotation from Butts & Guts a lot & that was fine. Currently I am in STS Meso 3 & not training for a race so I am doing the legs, cycling & running, too just not as intense.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.