Rotations with S&H

Elsie-May

Hello,

I have noticed a few rotations being discussed. It seems that quite a few of you have decided to do S&H then stick a cardio with that. I have not done S&H yet but plan to start next week and I thought that each tape is 1hour long. Even though I would like to do cardio along with S&H I won't have enough time, but now I'm worried that I won't get enough cardio in. I plan to do S&H Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays. Cardio will be Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays 45-60 mins. My main focus is fat loss and toning, I'm now wondering if I will be able to achieve this goal? I will do this rotation for 3 weeks then think of something else using other Cathe tapes.

Thank you for your comments

Hi Elsie May,

I'm certainly not an expert, but I preordered the S&H videos and have been doing them since they arrived 3 weeks ago, so I'll give you my thoughts. I am using the tapes in the same way you describe-- 3 days of S&H alternating with 2 - 3 days of cardio, depending on my schedule that week.

I think it is best to think of an S&H rotation primarily for gaining strength and not fat loss. Three days of cardio is probably not enough for many of us for that goal. However, you will build lean muscle and increase your metabolism.

The three week rotation Cathe recommends is relatively short, but you will make great strength gains during it. When you begin another rotation, you can then focus more on fat loss by adding more cardio. Your body will be fresh and able to attack old tapes in a new way. You will be able to use heavier weights on strength days. I did a FIRM tape last night and was able to use heavier upper body weights than I ever have before.

Although it's too early to report in from actual experience, I believe *alternating* between these types of rotations will help achieve your goals!

Hope that helps!

~Denise

I have been adding on CTX cardio sections to the S and H series, which gives me a 90 minute workout. Do you have time to add them on? If you do, then you can do another weight workout like the Power Hour or MIS on another day, and two days of cardio. This is what I have been doing and I have lost two pounds without changing my diet.

I am glad that you posted this because I also have been trying to figure out the same thing. :-hmmm I am still waiting for my DVD's so I have not seen the SH workouts. I like to keep my workout limited to one hour so I have time to do a short yoga workout. I was planning on doing the three alternating days of SH. On the days between the two upper body workouts I was thinking of doing Billy Banks Advanced Tai Bo so I could get another set of legs in. I was also thinking of doing Interval Max or Gin Miller's Extreme Moves as another one of the Cardio Workouts. And then depending on its intensity, I was going to try Rhythmic Step as the third cardio workout. I am a substitute teacher. Once work starts in September, I will suppliment my cardio by walking for a half hour at lunch time when weather and students allow.

Day l: Slow and Heavy Triceps and Biceps

Day 2: Tai Bo or Cardio Kicks

Day 3: Slow and Heavy Chest and Back

Day 4: Interval Max or Extreme Moves

Day 5: Slow and Heavy Legs and Shoulders

Day 6: Rhythmic Step

Day 7: Rest

I would appreciate all feedback. :*

Just your opinions please, I am doing thid rotation, canyou tell

me what needs to be modified,
sat s&h c&b + 35 min interval treadmill program
sun s&h l&s + 35 min interval treadmill program
mon rest day
tue s&h t&b + cardio kicks
repeat the rest of the week with same as above s& h and what ever cardio each day along with the s&h, it may be a preprogrammed treadmill, or a firm cardio tape.
What do you think????????

Denice

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.