Rhythmic Step is a winner

DaphneM

I forgot how much fun an hour of Cathe stepping can be! I previewed RS this morning and I'm itching to jump into it tomorrow. Thanks, Cathe, for pulling together great choreography, good tunes and that awesome Rhythmic Step challenge at the end. I was really looking forward to an all new Cathe step tape and this one exceeded my expectations.

Thank you. You made my day!

P.S. -- Did S&H:Chest/Back this morning. I was surprised to find that I really liked going slow. I also really liked the fact that the entire workout used dumbbells. Deadlifts with dumbbells felt VERY different. With this slow count, I was able to focus on my form and the working muscle like never before. It is 5 hours later and I still feel the pump. Thanks for continuing to introduce different styles of training for us. I so appreciate your professionalism and words of guidance. And welcome back, Cedie! I wish her count had been off once or twice!

Daphne M

Hi Daphne! Nice to hear from you. I hope you are having a fantastic summer.

I'm so happy to hear that you are enjoying your tapes. This was a fun batch for me to create. Good variety for rehearsals too ;-)! Yes, I decided to do these workouts with mostly dumbells for variety, safety, and effectiveness. Each muscle now has to pull its own weight and cannot rely on assitance from the other (as can sometimes be the tendancy with a barbell). It also calls upon the use of the tendons, ligaments, and muscle fibers in a greater capacity because each muscle has to work harder to balance the weight independently.

I also found that dumbells offered the ability to lift heavier weight in a safer manner. For instance during legs you have the option to go heavier by being able to hold 25 pound (or plus) dumbbells in your hands down at your sides, as opposed to lifting a 50 pound (or plus) barbell over your head to put on your back. And during the set up and breakdown phase of bench presses, I found it much safer and less risky to the shoulder joint to pick up and put down the dumbbells in an assited rolling up/down motion as opposed to lifting this kind of weight up with a heavy barbell from a seated position.

Happy Lifting and Stepping:)!

Thanks again

Yes, Cathe, I'd noticed that a lot more muscles were recruited. HA! Twenty-four hours after finishing S&H: Chest and Back and I can tell you where every one of those muscles is located.

I thought of you while doing Rhythmic Step today, because I've always told you how my "puppy" Augie hangs his big beautiful blonde head over the baby gate to watch me exercise. A few months ago, he stopped coming downstairs to be with me. Now he lies at the top of the stairs and waits for me to finish. I kind of miss him. The first day he didn't come down, I panicked. I even took him to the vet to make sure he was OK. Everything was fine. I guess he is just getting more secure in his golden years. He is now 9. But he's still a puppy to me.

Well, thanks again for a great workout. I did RS this morning and it was even more fun to do than it was to preview. It's a great workout. I love the choreography and the music and the format and just felt so happy the whole time I was bopping around my step. Thanks. You really make such a quality product.

Daphne

I just have to add my praises to Daphne's (and everyone else's :)). I just did Rhythmic Step this morning (after watching it yesterday right after it arrived ;-)), and I had so much fun! I had to get up earlier than usual, because my dog had to be at the vet's for grooming, so I was standing bleary-eyed in front of the TV at 6 am. However, you quickly woke me up. ;-) I can't wait to do RS again, and I'm eagerly looking forward to the rest of your new videos (when I get them on DVD). :)

Thanks again for a great video. It's obvious that you put a tremendous amount of work into it, and it's a winner!

Melly

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.