Recovery time

Phanhtho

Hi Cathe, sorry I posted this earlier under another thread (learning how to use iPhone app), anyways..

How long should a recovery period should be after say 2 months of 3 days a week weight training? Is a week off really needed? Is this something you do?

Last edited:
Hi Phanhtho! There is no exact time that has to be followed. It's best to listen to your own body. Generally speaking I always suggest at least one day off a week. I also suggest at least one week off for every month of taxing and tough workouts. If you are training three days a week, your body has 4 days recovery built in to every week so you might not need a full week recovery after a certain period of time. The best way to know is to listen to your body. Signs of needing a few days to a week off are feeling tired and achey all the time, having insomnia, being in a crabby mood all the time, getting a lot of colds/fevers, feeling a lot of pulls and twinges, dreading your workouts but feeling you have to do them out of guilt, and hitting plateus and seeing no improvement.

I hope this helps :)

Hi Cathe, sorry I posted this earlier under another thread (learning how to use iPhone app), anyways..

How long should a recovery period should be after say 2 months of 3 days a week weight training? Is a week off really needed? Is this something you do?

Hi Phanhtho! There is no exact time that has to be followed. It's best to listen to your own body. Generally speaking I always suggest at least one day off a week. I also suggest at least one week off for every month of taxing and tough workouts. If you are training three days a week, your body has 4 days recovery built in to every week so you might not need a full week recovery after a certain period of time. The best way to know is to listen to your body. Signs of needing a few days to a week off are feeling tired and achey all the time, having insomnia, being in a crabby mood all the time, getting a lot of colds/fevers, feeling a lot of pulls and twinges, dreading your workouts but feeling you have to do them out of guilt, and hitting plateus and seeing no improvement.

I hope this helps :)

Or in my case, these symptoms could be the start on menopause:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.