Recommendations for a good Pilates tape

khuynh

Cathlete
I'm looking for a good recommendation for a Pilates tape. I've got all of Cathe's tapes, most of the Firm tapes, I run, swim, do yoga, and occasionally play tennis.

I'm concerned that I may pick a tape that is just too easy. I've been working out for 20 months now so I'm not real new at it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Keta. :D

P.S. Cathe . . . ever thought about making one of these type of tapes?

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-01 AT 08:17PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-01 AT 07:41 PM (Est)[/font]

Hi Keta -

If you're looking to try Pilates, I'd recommend the Method's Precision Toning. You can typically find this tape for $6.99 at Target. It has a beginner-intro work-out, followed by a longer one. Pilates is something that you can "grow with" as you become stronger and your range increases - as soon as you watch the video, you'll understand exactly what I'm "trying" to say. ;) I really like Precision Toning as a first tape, and it's a small financial investment. If you decide you like Pilates, there are many Method tapes, and the Stott tapes are well-regarded (I have 3 Method videos and one Stott, so I have done both).

If you take the plunge, I'll be interested to hear your feedback as to how you like it. I really feel strong and tall on the days that I do Pilates.

Thanks Cyana

I picked up Core Conditioning at Meijer today for 8 bucks.

I'm going tomorrow to Target to look for Method's Precision Toning. I cannot wait. I'm actually getting excited about killing my mid section.

Keta. :D

RE: Thanks Cyana

Let me know how you like Core Conditioning. I don't think that I've seen that in the stores around here.

Cyana

I picked up the tape today. Alls I can say is ouch. It starts out a bit slow but heaven help me when I do it next week.

I actually like CC. I was surprised. I picked it up at Meijer for 7.99. Not bad.

I'll let you know how much pain I'm in. I WANT FLAT ABS!

Keta. ;)

Keta

You will definitely "feel abs that you never knew existed" after you do a good Pilates work-out. But it's the good burn that we all live for! :) I need to get more Pilates back into my rotation - and once I receive my "I want them all" package of Cathe DVD's, I'll probably be in such a state of soreness, that I'll welcome lying on the floor to do Pilates!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.