Really need help!

myjalark

Where to start...

I guess here is as good a place as any. I am currently 95 pounds overweight, I have high blood pressure and have been having heart palpitations. I started working out about 2 months ago and have lost 20 pounds (I went from 290 to 270). I basically try to walk five miles a day and do a VERY basic step aerobics video in the morning five to six days a week.

I've recently changed my diet to include lot's of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, fish, chicken breasts etc. and cut out all red meat and a huge amount of sodium that I previously consumed. I started drinking close to a gallon of water a day and also stopped drinking soda, coffee, and quit smoking.

I will not make excuses for how much weight I've gained, I have over eaten and not taken very good care of myself at all. Being just 32 and in this bad of shape is horrible. I was never an overweight kid, and up until I moved to Texas was very active outdoors. I am depressed partially because of my weight and current health condition, partially due to being away from all of my family. Whatever the case may be, I need to make HUGE changes before it's too late...

I've never done a Cathe workout but have heard all good things about them and am overwhelmed by the choices available. I like the idea of working out at home because to be honest I am mortified to walk into a fitness class and be the largest person in the room. I have a reasonable level of stamina and I really do like working out but I need something that is going to keep me going (i.e. not end up being extremely boring after the first week). My goal is to get down to 175 lbs - I secretly want to do a natural bodybuilding competition but that's so far off it's not worth thinking about.

I guess what I'm asking for is advise about where to start. I believe that Cathe's workouts are what I need but I really don't have the money to try them all so I wonder if you have any guidance you can share with me?

Hello, not Cathe here but i can point you in the right direction as far as workouts go. I started out my journey about where your at so i can relate. My first workouts with Cathe was her beginner workouts. These were my first purchases:

Basic Step / Body Fusion
Low Impact Step
Low Impact Circuit

And after mastering the upper and lower body portions on Body Fusion i went on to purchase Power Hour (still by far my favorite full body workout )

I hope this helps...Good Luck to you:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.