?? re Exercise Order

Aquajock

Cathlete
Hi, Cathe and Educated Crowd! This may seem like a trivial question, but I'm curious.

My preferred exercise order is aerobics then strength training, AND my preferred exercise order for strength training, in terms of "body parts" is: legs and glutes first, then abdominals, then chest, triceps, back, shoulders and biceps. It seems that all of La Cathe's videos place abs at the end of the routine, and I'm curious as to whether there are physiological / kinesiological benefits to that order.

?????

Annette The Inquirer
:)

Maybe it's because you use your abs to "brace" your body while working everything else, and shouldn't burn them out too early? Just a guess.

I agree with the "bracing" theory. Also, it's easier to work abs when you're tired out from working the rest of your body, but it would be more difficult (and more dangerous) to work some other part when you are tired out. Also, full body workouts are usually set up going from largest to smallest muscle group (lower body, then back, then chest --though I've seen these interchanged quite often,--then shoulders, then triceps --they actually take up more space than your biceps, but I've also often seen them done after biceps--then biceps) so you have more energy when you need it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.