Re: Cathe help, in need of a fuller, thicker and rounder rear

Missthang

Hi Cathe,

First, let me say thank you! for such great tapes. I love you ;o) your workouts, are awesome and very challenging. I consider myself an advance fitness person, I usually workout 5/6x a week. I love working out. As a matter of fact, I just recently finished doing; for the first time, All Steps. And will be starting MIS shortly, awesome workout,hehe.

My question is this, how does a gal, like myself, get a great behind. Mind you, I've only been working out with the Firm tapes, and love them too. I was recently, introduced too your tapes, about a month ago. And, OMG! when I did my first workout with you, I immediately felled in love with your gym style workout. Since then! I have purchased your CTX series, PS series, MIS, MIC, and PH hm......and anticipating many many more.

Seems too me, each time I do a Firm workout, it always include glute work. And on top of that, I'm using your tapes. I'm I over training my butt, is this why it won't grow. My boyfriend told me yesterday. That my butt is getting flatter, and it is. You see, I'm pear shaped. I've large thighs, tiny waist, and I'm tiny at the top. Since working out with you, my thighs have become much fuller and thicker, biceps & triceps are coming along nicely, shoulders are looking great too. I'm loving it, really. When I flex my muscle, I just scream, Yahoo!! lower abs are getting tighter. I thought I would never ever have a flat tummy, after having two children. However, the one thing that seems too be lacking is my rear end. Its' getting flatter. I don't want a flat rear. I know your *generics* play a big part too. But, genetically, I have always had a pretty big rear end. I've been blessed in that area. I was a size 11/12 now I'm a size 8, and buying some 6's too :eek:)

How do I achieve a fuller, tighter and thicker rear, Oh!! too.....because the Firm tapes *emphasize* so much glute work. I decided to stop using the Firm tapes, for awhile... well for the next 3 months. Only using the Firm cardio tapes, the ones that don't include bootie work, <G> I'll be using your series for strengh training. As for my cardio, I will be using tae bo, Reebok and of course your tapes.

Cathe, what do you think, if you were trying too get a bubble butt, what would you do? Should I do your leg work once or twice a week? should I go heavy or light. What makes the glute muscle grow? I appreciate your comments, thanks.

Trese

Trese,
I've found that step ups work really well for lifting and shaping the rear. If I don't do them for a while, I start to look flatter and lower! I step up onto a 12-14" step using moderate to heavy dumbbells (anywhere from 10#-20#, depending on the speed, but moderate speed and heavy weights seem to work best--slower than Cathe does in the leaner legs vid).

Hi Kathryn

Thanks for replying. Are you using the Firm's Tall Box? I have the Firm 12" box, I don't know what to think, as far as my butt is concern, Today, I've come to the conclusion, that I could be over training my rear. I've been firming for hm.....about 5 years off and on. More on than off. I Love the Firm, theyve really helped tone my body, over the years. Now, I'm thinking, its' time for me to step up to something more challenging.

So, I think I'm going too just concentrate on doing Cathe's workouts for the next three months, or so. I believe, using her tapes and varing rotations; will take me to another level, in fitness, really. I'm still trying too improve and tone my body. Still dealing with fat cover my thigh muscles and cellulite. What workouts are you doing?

Back too the rear thing, hehehe. I was thinking today to do either PH, SL&Abs, LL or MIS one time a week, giving the muscles time to recover and grow. I'll love to get more into bodybuiding, not too deep into it. I just want to be tone, you feel me. I guess I'll do cardio all other days, for the next few week, too see what results that will bring me. What do you think? I shall see.

Trese

Yes, I have the firm box, but I also use my step with risers to make it 12 or 14 inches. If I dip my rear down a bit when I'm at the bottom of the move, and concentrate on pushing up with my glutes, it's much more effective (I even lift my toes right before pushing off, just to get into the "push off from you heal" thing set up). What weights are you using for the step ups? I've had the most butt boosting results using 15# or even 20# dumbbels. I'm still in the process of getting back into shape, and that stubborn cellulite right at the back of the glutes is slow to go!

Hi,
I just posted asking the same thing! How to make the butt grow?
Leg pressess on the tallbox in Firm tapes just gave me bigger quads though. I used to do Tough tape a lot. I even go spinning too, my legs are all right. They used to be skinny now they are very toned , managed to strip off knee fat too. My calves even have the tiny cyclist v thing going on. But my butt refuses to grow ... it responds well to Firm volume 1 floor work but that just lifts it and makes it a bit round on top but I want mass on it! I felt real bad last night after the spinning because this lady was in the change room, she wasnt thin/fit but she didnt look bad because she had hips and a butt and the cycling shorts looked filled out on her, I have no hips at all. Im apple shaped turning into a ruler. If I stop working my legs out Id end up looking weirder ... maybe a cone? Anyway it's totally unfair how some people can complain about their butts and hips while I have none and wish I could shape up!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.