Question One, How much Pain

L

Lora

Hi Cathe,
It seems like ages since I've been here. Went on vacation and for the last 3 weeks & haven't had much time to work out or come on your site. (I realized today I miss all these gals and their fun comments.) I'm starting over again I'm afraid.

I will try to make this concise. I did an endurance strength tape yesterday with much pain. The weights are light so I can endure them longer. However I tend to carry tension and stress in my neck and last night I woke up from pain and could barely move my head.(It shortly went away.) What is your gage for how much pain to endure when working out. I have a tendency to not want to stop even if it's killing me. I know when the weights are heavier and one can't do anymore that's when to quit. But when they are light a person can do it allot longer. After last night I'm thinking maybe I should stop momentarily and the start up again after the pain stops. I would say on any given set of reps I'm in much pain at the half way point. Pain that needs to be expressed with sound affects. If you get my drift. Thanks for your advise. Lora

Hi Lora!

Since you said that you haven't had much time to workout lately, it sounds to me like you may have done a little too much too soon(we are all guilty of that from time to time). I would say to do the workout and stop when you get to the point where you need to "express nasty sound affects", as you say. At that point simply take a quick breather and join back in when your ready. Continue to take these breathers as necessary. Eventually you will improve your muscular endurance and be able to complete the workout "sound free"
happy.gif
! Good Luck and welcome back!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.